Rotating bipod?

CZ527

In the market for a bipod that not only cants but rotates as well.

Looking for a one piece deal, not interested in the newish harris adapter.

Years ago I used a friends bipod and it rotated right and left and was amazing.

He just can't remember what it was.

Thanks

STS, I will look into those bipods.

Breeze are you saying that blackhawk makes a bipod that rotates left and right as well as cants?

1up, that idea is fine but goes against my one piece unit criteria I mentioned above.

Thanks for the replies.

Checked it out, seems nice but more like shooting sticks.

The unit I used previously was indistinguishable from any other bipod, just had a swivel head.

Wish I could remember the name.

I use the Harris with the "Cant' feature, but I also use the Stoney Creek Rapid pivot.
The legs snap on and off the fitting on the sling swivel, so could be switched from gun to gun easily.

It is very steady.

Originally Posted By: CZ527STS, I will look into those bipods.

Breeze are you saying that blackhawk makes a bipod that rotates left and right as well as cants?

1up, that idea is fine but goes against my one piece unit criteria I mentioned above.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes ,it's all one unit,Blackhawk sportster Traverse Track is what it's called ,adjustable cant & side to side swivel,pod lock handle included
video from there web

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CZ527The traverse will work, thanks for the replies.
How about a review after you get one & use it .
been looking at them ,but I'm still using my harris

Sure I'll see what I can do, it'll be after the 14th... As that's what I'm choosing as a gift from my little lady. Adios guys.

I have been using Harris bi pods for years.

I don't understand how a bi pod that rotates left or right would be that helpful.

To rotate the end of the barrel to the right your shoulder will have to move to the left and if you want the barrel to go to the left your shoulder will have to move to the right.

Moving the rifle and bi pod to the right or left a little will let your shoulder stay where it is.

I can't move my shoulder to the right or left very far without moving my whole body.

If you are standing the rotating bi pod may help but for sitting down I don't see how it would help much and for laying prone I know I would rather move the rifle than have to move my whole body.

To move the end of the rifle barrel to the right 6" how far to the left will the recoil pad end of the stock have to move to the left?

At longer distances it doesn't take much swivel to cover a running animal, and even one that is walking it's easier to have a pivot point than scrape the legs through the dirt. For still targets, assuming what you're aiming at has a better looking buddy appear 20 feet to the side, pivot instead of fight the bipod.

I've never personally had a pivoting bipod, but have had to readjust mine several times for varying targets. The most stable position may not be perpendicular to your target. I can see the utility.

Back