20 practical keyhole's 39 & 40's

damcold

Could not find in past posts why my new SD ar 20" lilja 1/11 twist shoot's 32v great but keys 39 smk and 40v. Any new info out there?

I would think 1-11 would shoot 40's fine, but it's apparently too slow a twist. Are you sure it isn't 1-12? Maybe check it with a cleaning rod and see for sure if you got what you were thinking you were getting.

Good call, checked twice with brass brush and once with nylon, I got 1/13 each time, dam. Can't be off bye 2" with a tight brush. Thank's

try the 32 gr sierras, absolutly a coyotes demise. Since I switched to those in my 204 I haven't lost a single one.

If this upper/rifle is fairly new, I would be giving the gunsmith a call. If you paid for a 1-11 Lilja, that is what you should have. Makes you wonder if it actually is a Lilja also.

Every 1-12 I shot would shoot the 39gr Sierra's.

Rock Creek 1/11 never came in six month wait, got 1/12 shilen complete ar really nice job. I like the option of 39's and if I push them they might work yet. I want a go fast so that would put me into the 32's anyway. It's my call if I don't like it he will replace it.

Originally Posted By: damcold You like them over 32 vmax ?

Yes very much, 32 gr vmax, I had runners, Ive killed coyotes with the sierras over 400 yards and no runners.

Bobtails,
Have you ever tried the 35gr Berger bullets? If so do you like the performance of the 32 Sierra BK over them? Or Sierra 39gr BK'S

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiBobtails,
Have you ever tried the 35gr Berger bullets? If so do you like the performance of the 32 Sierra BK over them? Or Sierra 39gr BK'S

I haven't tried the 39 gr blitzking, but the 32's perform alot better than the 35 gr bergers. I would ocassinally lose a coyote with the bergers. Now in 2 years I haven't lost a coyote with the sierras.

Back