Linear Comp. ?

Test gun = AR 15 .204 Ruger 24" BHW barrel, Syrac adjustable gas block

I originally setup this upper with the Kaw Valley linear comp. from Joe Bob's. I purchased a K3 flaming pig when I was working on another project. When I fired my project gun with the K3, my ears told me it was louder, but I couldn't tell because it built so much back pressure that it was barking at me out the chamber. I tried it on the .204 so I could tune the gas block, but it did indeed seem louder than the Kaw Valley.

I ordered the PWS CQB from Joe Bob's, the first thing I did was screw it on the test gun. I fired five rounds through the PWS comp., It built a little back pressure but not much. It went from a 2:00 ejection at about four feet, to a 3:00 ejection at about six feet. I don't think it was any quiter, but the tone was deeper and the smack of the projectile was louder. I don't have any equipment to test decibels, but I think it was definitely quiter for the shooter than the Kaw Valley, and much better than the K3. I would say the k3 is an expensive paper weight. I like the PWS and think it is a better comp. for my intended purpose, $100 worth? For me it was.

Last edited:
Back