Morakniv

Independent

I was wondering what the general consensus is on Morakniv of Sweden?
I bought one a while back and have some use on it but not enough to make up my mind yet. Obviously an inexpensive knife just wanted thoughts especially if you have extensive time using one. Thanks guys

Last edited:
I own 3 aand love mine . The carbone steel.models are highly thought of in the survival community. There is a less expensive knock off called the "wahoo killer" that is agreat piece for bought $2 each .I gave enuff of these away that each scout in the local troop got one.

I'm going to order a few and toss them in each car/truck...an extra in each hunting bag, etc. Great knives to have around for 'oh crap' situations.

I just discovered them but have 2 now. I echo pahntr760. Plenty of places for these dandies truck,boat,tackle box, hunting bag, etc

I have carried mine on a couple hunts and so far it has done all I have asked of it. I like that they aren't heavy a good usable size and the high carbon blade is a plus in my book. The 90 degree spine make it great for use with a fire steel. A good fixed blade for $11-$50 depending on model I think is probably a good candidate for best value in a fixed blade. I am liking mine so far time will tell. I am in the process of slowly putting together four go bags for those closest to me. I am sure one Mora and a Leatherman Wave will be in each bag.

For the price you can not beat them. They work wonderfully. The sheaths lack on the belt loop but serve the purpose. I actually used gun blue on mine. Turned out kinda like black chrome on a harley

Hey just a note they make two different blade thicknesses. I have both. My OD green ones are the thinner ones and the bright orange one i have is the heavier blade. I believe they are 2.5 and 3.5 mm respectively. I can't tell much difference when using them but the heavier one feels more robust. I recommend the orange color . If you drop it while in the woods it is easier to find. I have one in my hunting pack as a backup knife. Gave all three of my son-in-law's one for Christmas. Mine are the carbon steel version and they work as well as my buck or knives of Alaska blades.

Back