Coyote Light Review

Most people buying lights don't know what they need. They read and buy based general consensus. Got to have the best, buy the best it's the American way. Nobody is going to be disappointed with the Coyote Light, it's a great light. I can shoot 200 yards at a fraction of the cost with my current set up. I couldn't kill anymore predators than I currently do with a Coyote light.

Last edited:
The testimonials are coming in that people are killing more with the Coyotelight than with the other lights. People are winning more contest and putting more fur in the truck than they ever have with their old lights. Predator control agents are making more money and outfitters have more happy clients. If the light does not matter we all would only own one. Who here has more than one light? The reason is we are looking for a more effective tool to help us kill more and to find a way to enjoy our time afield. A way to make the most of every encounter. At the end of the day that is how I would define who is the best.

Originally Posted By: pmackMost people buying lights don't know what they need. They read and buy based general consensus. Got to have the best, buy the best it's the American way. Nobody is going to be disappointed with the Coyote Light, it's a great light. I can shoot 200 yards at a fraction of the cost with my current set up. I couldn't kill anymore predators than I currently do with a Coyote light.
Really? I guess you will never know. For anyone to think all lights are created equal is nonsense. I've used several types of lights for night hunting over the last 36 years and the Coyote Light is the first and only one that I've used with a rheostat. Did you bother to read my entire review pmack? One hunt and I could tell immediately the rheostat feature was doing what it was suppose to do. Bring in those light shy coyotes. I called in a couple of howlers and thats real rare here in California with the severe hunting pressure we have to deal with. I can't wait to use the Coyote Light when my hunting partner of 30 plus years and I start hunting contest again next year. With two hunters you can get on the animals even quicker. My partner Billy has not seen my Coyote Lights yet. When he stops by later this week and I show it to him he's going to like what he sees. Knowing him I'm certain he's going to want one of his own even before he has a chance to use mine. Grizz

The Coyotelight is by far my favorite piece of hunting gear. Most of the people downplaying the Coyotelight or saying it won't help you kill more predators have probably never used the Coyotelight in a hunting application otherwise they wouldn't be saying that.

I would have owned a Coyote light over a year ago, except for one drawback(for me, that is).... the way it mounts to a firearm. I handled one at the outdoor show in Harrisburg last year, and it is indeed a beautifully machined and well engineered product. BUT, at the price point of the light and the otherwise overall quality, I would think there would be more mounting options than the picatinny rail screwed to the bottom of the light.

I would prefer NOT to mount my light to my scope, if possible. After having spent the better part of 2K for a super accurate AR's with rails strategically placed for attachment of a hunting light, I would much prefer NOT to use a picatinny to picatinny adapter that has to be screwed/unscrewed every time the light is mounted/ and detatched from the firearm. On my bolt guns I use the TNVC picatinny mount on my scopes, so I'm always attaching to a picatinny rail....

It would be nice to have the option of an adapter on the light to be able to use a LaRue/American Defense type QD lever system to mount/ detatch the Coyote light from the rifle rather than fiddling around in the dark on a bitter cold night with an allen wrench or screwdriver!

I have a fair amount of experience with CNC machines, and it really wouldn't be that expensive to offer an option with the light in lieu of the picatinny rail, to be able to attach it to a cam lock lever mount. Just like the option of red or green......

I brought up this idea to Brett last year at the booth at the show, evidently it didn't go very far....
F1

Last edited:
You can mount the light to the scope on your rifle with the quick release scope ring provided. It is very easy to use and only takes a couple seconds with no tools. We offer a 1 inch ring and 30 mm. We had enough request to make the current pic a tiny mount but inorder to get it done this season we had to keep it simple. We will be working on a quick release pic a tiny to pic a tiny in the future. There is only one other pic a tiny to pic a tiny adaptor that we have found and it also requires tools. We went with a pic a tiny mounted to the light for the availability of all the mounting systems out there. We consider every ones the feed back for future products, new products take money and time. We have to prioritize our time and money with what we are getting request for. I think everyone will be excited to see what we are releasing for next season.

Originally Posted By: hunter44one thing I notice about The Coyote Light when reading all these post is, people go and buy this light and that light but once you purchase The Coyote Light, it is the last light you have to buy
The most expensive light you will ever buy but for most people it's not the last. An IR illuminator to go with you're brand new night vision is usually the last hunting light one buys. Once that happens the coyote light gets lost in a box of [beeep] somewhere in the garage.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZhas a comparision been done between the Coyote light and the new wicked 402 or hog 66?

Boondock had specs of all these lights that he tested on his website, not sure if it's still there.

Last edited:
Thanks i found this at Boondocks site.. I ordered the 402.
It made the choice a lot easier. I can't justify buying a light that has a lower LUX rating and costs more than double, without being twice as good. Based on this I would pick the wicked 402 even if they were the same price.

http://www.boondock-outdoors.com/Light_Ratings.html
LUX rating at 45 feet:

248 Wicked Light W402ZF Rifleman kit $169.95 *zoom focus light
245 Sniper Hog Lights 66LR Riflehunter mount kit. $164.99 *zoom focus light
230 CoyoteLight $429.99 *zoom focus light
140 Sniper Hog Lights 50LR Gun mount kit. $179.99 *zoom focus light
90 Lightforce PRED9x kit $319.95

Tbone that's the list I thought it had disappeared. I heard the CoyoteLight was coming in around 37000 lux at 1 meter, (from the manufacturer) yet Boondocks calculations have it at 43000 lux at 1 meter.

Last edited:
After talking to Boondock, and reading how they go out and field test themselves, it gives me a sense of confidence..

I just hate how every thing i was finding was rating it in a different way.

I also just read about the Foxpro light, and if it isn't bright enough to clearly identify a coyote out to 200, and light up eye's at 500, focus the beam, and have a long battery life, and focusable beam i am just not even interested.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ
I just hate how every thing i was finding was rating it in a different way.

It's to keep you wondering.

Boondocks was the closest apples to apples comparison I've seen to date.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteLight inc.The testimonials are coming in that people are killing more with the Coyotelight than with the other lights. People are winning more contest and putting more fur in the truck than they ever have with their old lights. Predator control agents are making more money and outfitters have more happy clients. If the light does not matter we all would only own one. Who here has more than one light? The reason is we are looking for a more effective tool to help us kill more and to find a way to enjoy our time afield. A way to make the most of every encounter. At the end of the day that is how I would define who is the best.

GREAT LIGHT, GREAT COMPANY along with MADE IN THE USA!! I got to work with these lights first hand at the PM Convention and it takes a bit to impress me and Luke and company did just that!

Great work Luke.

Vic

Thank you Victor.

The new generation of flashlights use a 65 mm lens to say they are as bright as us. In some cases they are. To achieve this they had to focus their beam so tight that you have a very narrow field of view. If you focus out light down to a tight square next to the flashlights we are 4 times larger. We are projecting 4 times the amount of light down range. This is very important when trying to scan or when filling your scope with light. A common complaint we have been told is the mount with the flashlights. The amount of space between the body of the light and the scope calls for an unstable mount that has to be adjusted frequently. We have a rock solid pic a tinny rail that requires no adjustment no matter what the range. The flashlights we have tested also requires 3 to 4 wrist turns to go from flood to spot. We have also talked with people who have accidentally unscrewed the head right off their lights during a hunt. It takes a total of a 1/2 inch turn to go from flood to spot with the Coyotelight and you cannot unscrew our lens tube. The flashlights have 2 or 3 levels of brightness and they all start on high. You have to work your way down to low with unnecessary movement and noise. We have full control of our brightness from low to high with our rheostat. The CoyoteLight does not dim with usage and I get around 30 hrs of use off of one charge in mixed farmland. Yes we cost more but we are a precision made tool that will help you kill more animals with less fuss and last longer than the flashlights on the market. Don't forget we are made in the USA. We also offer a limited lifetime warranty on the housing and 5 years on internal components.

Last edited:
Back