How do you carry all of your crap to the stand?

I rarely hunt in places where I can sit on the ground or even on a turkey lounger chair, so I have that problem to contend with. I usually carry my dove bucket (you know, a five gallon bucket with swivel seat). In that I keep my caller, decoy (if required), and other random stuff. I sling my AR and hand carry my Trigger Sticks, and sometimes, the shotgun. Once at the stand, I can either sit on the bucket or adjust the trigger sticks and just stand up against a big mesquite or yucca. I'm considering one of those folding "blind chairs" in lieu of my bucket, then I would be able to carry or strap everything onto my Eberlestock X1A1 and have hands free walking in.

I use the 5 gallon bucket too. I carry stuff inside the bucket and hand carry the Primos Shooting Bipod stick. I had trouble keeping the rifle slung over my shoulder with a regular type sling so I went and got a three point sling that can convert from one point to two point attachment. I've not used the new sling yet. I'm getting older and finding it harder to get out and hunt. Between heart attacks, eye operations, and join problems my hunting has been limited the past few years. I could use an electric camo 4 wheeler to help carry me and my stuff to the stands.

Chest Rig - I run an Eagle/SKD UCR. Super lightweight, high quality, inexpensive, and modular (they have an all-MOLLE version that is heavier once outfitted but BFG helium whisper or similar pouches will help shave weight). It carries all my hunting gear, plus survival stuff, plus medical, and I hang my shooting support and sitting pad off the back or off my belt. I also run a dump pouch on my belt and in the cold I hang a Kifaru hand warmer muff off the front. Grimlocks and web dominators help keep things secure.

My EDC stuff all comes to my outermost layer (soft or hard shell depending on weather) with the exception of my CCW which stays AIWB generally.

Rifle is on a two-point tac sling attached front and rear of the receiver. I've seen guys run shock cord to hook it up next to you when walking but I run an SBR so I don't have an issue with it bouncing if it is tucked up under my support side armpit. When stalking I run the sling necklace style for quick shots or getting into and out of positions.

Originally Posted By: Doc25The new cabelas predator vest is the kickstand model so it should be self supporting. Seems like there is just too much junk to carry when calling. I'm using an old camera bag to put the ecaller in with all my hand calls and spare ammo. Quickest way to shed pounds would be a lighter rifle and leave the ecaller at home IMO.
I just ordered one of these. There on sale right now for like $101 in snow camo if anyone's interested. Can't wait to try it.

I use a 19$ camo igloo ice cooler with back pack straps from wal mart. I gutted out all the insulation from the inside. It has several zip up compartments and works great for my hellfire, extra batteries, extra magazines, remote and still room for plenty other goodies. Sticks and rifle are carried by hand.

I've spent a lot of money on and tried a lot of different back packs and fanny packs. They work but left me struggling from time to time. They can be cumbersome and I'm a firm believer in the idea that the more space you have the more you will inevitably pack.

I bought a Cabela's Speedy Yote Kickstand Vest last week before a 3 day predator challenge. It is hands down the best purchase I've made in terms of gear.

All I carry (in the vest) is my Foxpro Fusion (which fits perfectly in the chest pocket), a face mask, Fox Jack Decoy, two hand calls (rabbit distress and open reed howler), flashlight, hand warmers, and hunting license. There's a pocket for a water bottle, but I don't usually carry water.

On a side note, I'm not a sling fan. I almost never used one on patrol in AFG and almost never use them now. The way I figure it, if something jumps up real quick I don't want to wrestle with a sling. Plus they get caught on stuff.

your carrying a gun 2 calls an e-caller and a seat? put your calls and remote on a lanyard,your already carrying a gun (?),put your ecall and decoy in a fanny pack and carry your seat i believe that leaves one empty hand.

Originally Posted By: thebestofindicaDoc, I agree on having a lot of stuff to take. I think we all carry this stuff for the "what-if" scenarios. What if the Circe doesn't do it? What if they hang up and another sound would do the trick? The weight of the gear isn't the problem at all. It's more trying to streamline the process. When I get to the stand, I have to take off the pack, take the caller and decoy out, throw the pack down, set up the caller and decoy (fighting the frozen ground), throw the pack on the terrace somewhere, set up my seat and get comfortable. I always sling my rifle first when I get out of the truck so I don't have to remove it to shed other gear. less indica = more energy and better organizing skills lol

I just got a speedy yote and now have both hands free. I just wish I didn't have to take it off to get in the truck. There is always a compromise I suppose.

I carry 4 hand calls, rifle, or shotgun, foam seat, and sticks. I will carry a range finder if I'm out in an open area. Stopped carrying all of the extra stuff a long time ago. I did carry a decoy but it's out in a field somewhere in Kansas! Batteries are dead by now for sure!!!

If you are carrying more than this you need to re-think your coyote calling.
Remote, drag, mouth calls go in pockets, flat ground pad in lieu of stool.

I carry everything in a backpack. I always carry more than I need because I would rather be over prepared than under. Calls, Change of clothes, ammo, gloves, rangefinder, lighter and matches, a couple knives, hand warmers, and so on.

"Re-purposed" this surplus office cart, added 12" wheels, for my gear-tote.
Carry rifle on back via sling and all other stuff rides in the cart.
Had it out yesterday, worked ok, handle is tad short, and it could use more volume.

Stuff in cart:
- low slung folding chair
- tripod modified as gun rest
- e-caller
- Coyote Juice (aka, skunk stink)
- camo netting
- large OD Satchel with even more stuff: motion decoy, rangefinder, mask, gloves, flashlight, water, goodies, camera, compass, matches, whistle, extra mag-ammo, extra knife, drag rope, property permission, TP, etc

159118016.lU6Zebvs.jpg

159118131.2QaSERx3.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bob_Atl"Re-purposed" this surplus office cart, added 12" wheels, for my gear-tote.
Carry rifle on back via sling and all other stuff rides in the cart.
Had it out yesterday, worked ok, handle is tad short, and it could use more volume.

Stuff in cart:
- low slung folding chair
- tripod modified as gun rest
- e-caller
- Coyote Juice (aka, skunk stink)
- camo netting
- large OD Satchel with even more stuff: motion decoy, rangefinder, mask, gloves, flashlight, water, goodies, camera, compass, matches, whistle, extra mag-ammo, extra knife, drag rope, property permission, TP, etc

159118016.lU6Zebvs.jpg

159118131.2QaSERx3.jpg

i know a pull around cart would not work for me and the places i hunt. be a royal pita. be very interested to know if you are still using a cart to haul you stuff in after you try it a few times. have you tried it a few times?

That was 1st go, STS. Had lumbar surgery so can't carry much.
Will use this cart, or a better one from now on.
Or maybe hire a youngster to carry my stuff, wash the car, cook steaks,,,
It limits the setup terrain, and how deep I go in..
As a younger man, I would have carried it all in a backpack.

I used to pack up and haul out everything but the kitchen sink. But now, I keep it light. Sometimes I get in the woods and feel like hiking deep, and lugging a backpack full of crap just won't cut it. I carry a few of my favorite hand calls, my bolt gun and some extra ammo. That's all I need for a succesful hunt.

i think they are way too high on prices but having said that, i been thinking about getting there 1400 sling pack for tree stand hunting and there upland bird vest (bv15) for everything else. but if i hunted somewhere where there was not a lot of trees then i would just go with the predator pack you mention. a really nice bag i looked at while on vacation last week was the underarmour ridge reaper bags. i just aint convinced that they are as durable as some other bags at that price but i could be wrong

Back