Hunting with a SBR

cclark

As the title says. Anyone doing it? They made them legal here a while ago and I finally ordered one a few weeks ago. I have some area's I hunt where 100 yards would be the max and it is coyotes and bobcats. I think that compact and light would be great for that. I also think that the velocity loss wouldn't hurt inside 100 yards. Thanks Chris

I also have a 10" .308 that I set up as the "ULTIMATE THICK TIMBER CLOSE RANGE WOLF RIFLE". A little loud but lots of fun!

Originally Posted By: Brent Parker I am running a 12.5" .223 So far so good. I think effective range is farther than most believe.

I am also running one with suppressor with 55g hollow points for coyotes. I like to stay inside of 150 yards with it. What are you finding or what is your furthest clean kill?

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Brent Parker I am running a 12.5" .223 So far so good. I think effective range is farther than most believe.

I am also running one with suppressor with 55g hollow points for coyotes. I like to stay inside of 150 yards with it. What are you finding or what is your furthest clean kill?

Which 55gr HP do you use?

I have a AR with 9.5 inch barrel in 300aac blackout. Shooting 200 grain subtonics with my AAC SDn6 is killer. SBR in 556 or 308 don't give you full powder burn in a short barrel, 300blackout will give you better results and is still a 30cal.

300BO or 7.62x39 for short barrel .30s. Got a 10.5" 7.62x39, but the lower parts aren't finished, and I am mulling an SBR lower or faking the brace.

Originally Posted By: Redleg84 Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Brent Parker I am running a 12.5" .223 So far so good. I think effective range is farther than most believe.

Midway dogtown but I am going to try some 55 or 60 grain Nosler BT's

Originally Posted By: Dust300BO or 7.62x39 for short barrel .30s. Got a 10.5" 7.62x39, but the lower parts aren't finished, and I am mulling an SBR lower or faking the brace.

Just pay the tax and avoid the drama. Its worth it. Oh and get a couple suppressors while your at it.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Redleg84 Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Brent Parker I am running a 12.5" .223 So far so good. I think effective range is farther than most believe.

I was just wondering because I just tried some 52gr HPBT but I dont think I had the velocity needed as I lost both and they were good shots.

I'm back to using 60gr BT myself

Originally Posted By: Redleg84Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Redleg84 Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Brent Parker I am running a 12.5" .223 So far so good. I think effective range is farther than most believe.

I was just wondering because I just tried some 52gr HPBT but I dont think I had the velocity needed as I lost both and they were good shots.

I'm back to using 60gr BT myself

I may go right to 60G BT also as I thought the 55 HP was a little weak. Just thought i could do better. Will try them.

Back