Bushmaster Predator

Originally Posted By: kldad73Anyone have one of these? How accurate is it? How do you like the 2 stage trigger?

Picked up a like new used one here a number of years ago. Very accurate rifle.

The 2 stage match trigger was excellent until the adjusting screw worked loose which resulted in a very looonnnng single stage trigger. I tried to adjust it unsuccessfully and got close but never quite the trigger that it was originally. I finally put a 3# Timney in it.

If I were to get another, I'd use some locktite on the adjusting screw before I shot it to be sure it didn't work loose.

Regards,
hm

I own one (20inch fluted barrel) that is from the old Bushmaster Company before the company was sold off.
It is a great AR, shoots better than I can hold.
If I was going to replace it today, it would be with a Rock River.

I've ran a bunch of Bushmaster 2 stage match triggers over the last ~15yrs. Currently have two of them in a rebuilt Varminter and a rebuilt carbine. I have an RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger also in a hunting rig. My bench guns over the years have always been geiselle's, in one flavor or another, usually an SSA or a 2 stage match. The RRA and Bushy 2 stage are what I'd call "80% triggers," meaning they're as good or better than 80% of the rest of triggers out there, with Geiselle being the ruler by which all others are measured. For a hunting rig, the Bushy 2 stage match or the RRA 2 stage match or varmint match are the way to go. Flip a coin between them, however.

I have two Bushy predator's, they both will shoot a jagged hole group at a 100 yds.
love them both, they will shoot with my bolt guns, and DPMS ,And my Rock rivers.
hope this helps.

I realize this is an older thread but recently encountered a problem with aBushmaster varminter and I thought maybe I could get some advice. The problem is that it has a 8 lb. trigger. I called them and they readily sent me another trigger....5 1/2 lb This trigger is not the competition trigger as advertized but a standard two stage trigger. When I called back I was directed to management who says that the gun does not have the competition trigger,what am I missing here can anyone confirm. Thanks

Originally Posted By: dubzzzI realize this is an older thread but recently encountered a problem with aBushmaster varminter and I thought maybe I could get some advice. The problem is that it has a 8 lb. trigger. I called them and they readily sent me another trigger....5 1/2 lb This trigger is not the competition trigger as advertized but a standard two stage trigger. When I called back I was directed to management who says that the gun does not have the competition trigger,what am I missing here can anyone confirm. Thanks

Their tech sheet says the Varminter and Varminter Special Stainless should have the Competition 2 Stage:

Bushmaster Varminter & Varminter Special Stainless Tech Sheet

I have a Varminter Special Stainless, it's a Competition 2 Stage, has a 4lb 10oz total pull, 3lb 11oz first stage, 15oz break stage. I could turn it down a LITTLE more on the break, and could spring it down more on the 1st stage, but I have it set up for hunting right now.

Thanks Bushmaster keeps telling me that it is not their comp trigger now I am convinced now that this is the runarround.guess I need to install my Velocity trigger Thank you

Back