who buys fur in MD?

reaper4

just wondering if anyone knows a fur buyer in MD or close by? I wouldn't mind driving to VA OR PA to sell them. I shoot quite a few nice reds a year and don't like seeing them go to waste.

where do you live buddy? I would be more than happy to take you out and show you the ropes. reds can be super easy and fun. if you live on the shore you are in a good area. just pm me and let me know if you want to get out there and ill have you smoking reds in no time

I appreciate the offer. Its done for this year except Dorchester. Im going to try to find some chicken houses to get permission from for next year.

Hello, new to the forum and to predator hunting. I know several guys who trap in Dorchester County and can get the contact info for a buyer if you need it.

Assuming I figure out how to kill predators - I was unsuccessful in all efforts a couple of years ago - I will be giving anything worth skinning to one of the guys who traps.

I think my Dorchester hunting club may have coyotes now, they were heard a couple of times during der season.

JPK

hey fellow Marylanders. how is your seasons going? and I can assure you there are plenty of yotes in Dorchester they are just in little pockets. I live in Easton and have been trying to find area down there to call for 2 years. cant find anything open enough

by the way any of you Maryland guys that are struggling don't hesitate to pm me and we can go call some of my farms over here

I used to be all about divers and geese. I still hunt them a few times a year but predator hunting has taken over. if you have fields to call in lower dorcheter you have hit the jackpot. I wouldn't say you will kill them consistently but the opportunity for coyotes is there for sure. I called a group of them in last year down there on public but couldn't see the buggers at night. herd them howling and yipping and splashing on in but never could see them. I wont call down there until I get some open areas to hunt

They have been on the other side of the Blackwater River from us, we could hear them when the wind was right. This year they were heard a couple of times on our ground during deer season.

I haven't heard them myself, but one fellow who did is pretty sure he wasn't hearing foxes - which we have in abundance.

We are an RSA as well and raise ducks. This year predation went through the roof and I think it is attributable to coyotes.

I got my 14yr old son a CZ M527 in 223/5.56 for his coming B-Day and I want to get my son out and try for the foxes and maybe luck into a coyote.

As I'm sure you know, we can hunt foxes night or day year round in Dorchester. Coyotes go to day only on February 28, but if they are on our ground we can still hunt them 24-7 since they are preying on our ducks.

We have all of marsh, fields, pine and hardwoods. Most of our fields are impounded, and about 1/2 to 2/3's is flooded now and will remain flooded until about April, when the last of the wild ducks migrates north.

After giving a try for foxes with my son I would really enjoy it if you would come and hunt with me or us/show me or us the ropes for foxes and coyotes at my Dorchester club, and I have a club in Bruceville near Easton too. Foxes only there as far as I can tell.

The Bruceville club is also a mix of marsh, fields and pine and harwoods.

BTW, read your other post - BRING YOUR GUN!!!

JPK

BTW, my son and I thought we saw saw wild hogs on the Dorchester club property last summer.

We tried to get them on a game camera but got nothing but sikas.

However, several of the local guys saw them a few miles down 335 on our side of the Blackwater River, towards Gootee's.

There are wild hogs on Taylor's Island and they have a special hog hunt every so often from what I've been told.

Wild hogs would be a mixed blessing.

I wonder if the sika, which are dominant over whitetails, kept the hogs off the feed we put out trying to get photos of them.

Ever hunt hogs? My son and I have in SC, NC and TX.

JPK

Originally Posted By: reaper4just wondering if anyone knows a fur buyer in MD or close by? I wouldn't mind driving to VA OR PA to sell them. I shoot quite a few nice reds a year and don't like seeing them go to waste.

Check out what tanned reds (and other furs) are selling for on ebay. Paying someone $20 to tan a fox is well worth the investment when you make a $70 profit.

yes I have hunted hogs when I lived in texas and any time at all that you and your son want to go call I would be more than happy to go. I just took A guy from this site and his buddy to some of my spots out this way and we had a pretty good night. and I have not seen one farm on the shore that doesent hold a bunch of fox they are everywhere. I have heard and seen coyotes in Dorchester and even called a few in together but couldn't see them as they held up in the frag right behind me but I sure knew they were coyotes when they lit up the howls. (that was insley tract) right down the road from gootees

Reaper4,

I tried calling this weekend for the first time since joining PM. I tried a couple times a few years ago, no joy.

I tried my Bruceville club Friday evening, which was a dark evening, and had two in so quick I wasn't ready. Blew a chip shot on one which was within 20yds of the call less than 30 seconds after I turned it on and couldn't get around on the other, which came from a different direction than I expected. He came running in less than 2 minuted after I turned the call on.

Tried my Dorchester club Sat morning and evening and this am. No joy. Wind was either swirling or not really favorable for where I wanted to go.

I am just wandering in the dark though and would really welcome seeing how it's done. We should pick a date.

JPK

Back