Best way to lengthen buttstock

merkw09

My ar is way too short and I'd like to lengthen the length of pull. I would also be looking to purchase a buttstock with an adjustable cheek piece. I am new to ars. Thanks for your help.

Luth modular stocl.from joeboboufitters.Com has adjustable length of pull and cheek piece

Last edited:
It would help if you'd post a photo of your rifle so we know what it is that you got.

It would also help to get a pistol grip like the BCM Gunfighter or MagPul K1. It helps the existing length of pull to feel more comfortable

Look up a magpul cts. I don't know if you can get a longer buffer tube maybe? My buddy is 6'7" and can shoot mine fine. Maybe it's the way your holding?? It's not a conventional rifle. Maybe look at a A2 stock. Go to a gun shop and feel through some to check fit

Couple cheap fixes. Move scope forward. Most people mount them to far back. Your nose should almost be touching charging handle. Squeeze lever and extend stock all the way out. (Couldn't resist being a smart a$$) I have seen people that didn't know they were moveable). Get a cheap slip on brown pad from walmart and add paper between it and butt plate to find the length you want. Mako, tapco, and few others make risers for AR's but I bet you won't like running a charging handle with one.

I agree with sniper...move the optic forward. Like I said earlier, every time I have heard someone say the AR stock is too short, in reality the optic is too far back.

Originally Posted By: merkw09It's adjustable. I'd like to be around100

Look at Magpul. They have interchangeable butt pads for most of their stocks that can help to change the lop. You can also get a buffer tube extension kit.

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe it is just a form problem I have to look into. Ive always shot regular rifles this is my first AR. It actually shoots really well i just havent gotten comfortable with it.

PRS is a very solid and reliable stock with LOP and Elevation adjustments, although it retails over 200.00 it's worth every penny.

Back