Horny young male down

titch--

Got to get out on sunday, I figured that it might be to warm for the coyotes to be moving so I thought I would go for a walk and make a couple calls anyways.

Went to a farm that I havent seen any action yet this year, until today...

Used a bale to setup on and played female long howls and some female barks. Pulled this guy in around the 6 minute mark. He came from around the trees above my caller.
01-25-15Lonniesfield_zps0dd00c45.jpg

I actually flipped a coin that morning on which rifle I was gonna take with me. The 243 won, but now I wish the 223 would of won instead. He came in a sat on his rump around 100yds. Made a easy chest shot and must of hit every god [beeep] rib bone he had. heh What a mess.
01-25-15impactsight_zpsfc855d9f.jpg

01-25-15yote_zps9c57c954.jpg

This was my only shot for the day, had a good long walk after this though.

Last edited:
heh thanks guys

Man coyotes sure are some tough mfer's.

Its suppose to cool off here right away, so Im hoping that they start moving again after that.

Well, , umm, good shot. Amazing how far he went with so little blood left in him. Could see that blood trail from a low flying passenger jet.

Well its one less predator the fawns will have to deal with which is a good thing even if you cant make use of the fur.
Hey where did you order that cattail or "throw lever" for you Viper PST? I wanted one but can only find those in England???

thx

Yeah we lost ALOT of snow here. I dont mind because it makes it easier to walk around now. Like tomorrow Im going to walk a good 15km, hard to judge though. Also its cooling off now so I hope that the coyotes will be moving around more now too.

Just have to charge up the phone so it can handle all the pics Im going to take tomorrow. :p Aint it always when a person gets to cocky that they get a big fat goose egg? heh

Back