RRA National Match or Varmint Trigger. Is there a difference?

moonshine44

I've seen posts about both an RRA National Match and a Varmint trigger. What, if anything, is the difference? I would look on Rock River's website, but at the moment I don't have access to it so I thought I'd see if anybody else is as bored as I am and can tell me the difference.

Thanks!

I recently got a RRA Varmint trigger. It's a big improvement over the stock trigger, but it ain't no "match grade" trigger. I was expecting better. It's just fine for hunting and casual target shooting and I'm keeping it, but if I was just a target shooter I'd want something better.

the varmint model RRA trigger was in a buddy of mines gun. it had a sweet 3.5# pull to it. it gave up nothing to my geisselle trigger. I have the national match in my other gun its ok it pulls at about 5#'s. if it were me doing it again I would get the varmint trigger. I have no idea what the differences are, springs???

I have the RRA Varmint trigger, and despite the fact that I don't care for 2 stage triggers, I really like the Varmint model. I haven't put a trigger pull guage on it, but it feels like it is about a 3.5 pound pull. At any rate, it is a huge improvement over what is usually found in the AR triggers.

Thanks for the info. The reason I'm asking is that I'm ready to change out the mil-spec trigger in my hunting AR. Now I know which one to order!

Originally Posted By: moonshine44Thanks for the info. The reason I'm asking is that I'm ready to change out the mil-spec trigger in my hunting AR. Now I know which one to order!

The basic RRA 2 Stage National Match Trigger has heavier springs, but may be less prone to light primer strikes with military/surplus primers like the Varmint. We have a number of customers who use the JP Reduced Power Springs in combination with the RRA National Match trigger. Typically they use the light-weight yellow trigger spring in combo with the standard weight hammer spring.

Back