ELUSIVE WILDLIFE TECH....I'm disappointed

nr123

with my recent dealings. Started off really simple, developed into a real fiasco. I bought (2) light packages (100 & 250) plus a lot of extras a few years ago. Chargers have a slide switch with a 3.6v and 4.2v setting. I couldn't remember which one to use, so I call the company in Texas. Answering tech says they never used a charger with that type switch. I said oh yes you did, and sent him a pic by phone, while on land line. I told him, I wasn't sure the chargers were working, or working right, since the green light stays on as soon as it's plugged in. He shares pic with his supervisor, and owner, all three say the current charger is one ONLY one they have ever used. Guess I just got called a liar X3. I even found my original receipt from Dec 2010, which I photographed and sent to the tech. I spent over $300 on that order! Within last few months, I ordered a XLR 100 package(which I gave to my hunting buddy) and another 250 light. I saw the "new" charger in his package, much nicer and more up to date than my two. I ask to talk with owner, he's busy. I ask for supervisor, he's out to lunch. I tell tech for supervisor to call me. Hours later, no call, I text and remind tech, still no return call couple hours later. I call back, get another tech (or maybe suprvisor, he didn't say). But he was familiar with situation.
After mulling over my situation these several hours while waiting on calls that never came....I came up with what I thought was a "reasonable solution". I told the tech to send me the two chargers, that I should have gotten on my original order, and I'll send you the two I have back. NO was my quick response from him! After telling him I would post on line and contact BBB, he said they used several other chargers. I asked him who was right, him, or the other THREE guys. He says no way I'm getting new chargers, unless I buy them. But, now he offered to check my chargers for free, or about a $10 discount on a charger and battery (plus free shipping). Told him I had spent my last dollar with them, and would buy online. He told me to avoid "cheap Chinese counterfeit" chargers.
Bottom line, I have made at least 3 or more orders with them spending well over $500. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but expected better customer service. Plus, I don't take well to someone insinuating I'm not telling the truth.

Here are the charges I have, sent him pics, asked him if these are the type chargers I should avoid!

I had no problems with them. When the red LED started going out on my 250 they replaced it at no charge (still had my receipt from Boondock).

The charger I got with mine was black, and I have not had any problems.

My charger is black, as well, with an AD-108 model number charging at 3.7v. I've never seen their lights pictured with a green charger.
confused.gif

Like I told the guys there, I only know what I got in the box from their company, no more, no less. As of now, I've been accused by FOUR of their folks that I'm not telling the truth. This is after I sent them a picture of their invoice and my credit card receipt. If the black charger is the right one, then someone at their company had to switch them on my order. Hope whoever got the chargers I paid for is enjoying them!

Though I have never seen the chargers pictured I will state that through the time I was a dealer for EWT lights I saw at least 4 different types of chargers come through my store in their kits. There was no consistency with them which was just one of the MANY reasons I no longer deal their products.

Thanks for the heads-up. Some companies just don't get it. They also do not get that they will lose much more by this post alone than they would have by making it right with you.

Wcboy, BoondockOutdoors contacted me earlier and and volunteered to send me a couple of chargers. It's a shame that EWT can't conduct their business in a like manner. I appreciate y'all willing to come to the aid of a fellow hunter.

I had a bad experiance with their customer service as well. I used their lights for several years and recommended them but I'm done with them! Boondock stepped up and sent me parts even though he no longer carried them, will always do business there!!

No problem nr123, I have a couple extra charges that I was willing to give you. glad you are good to go, good luck

A BIG thanks goes to Jeremiah at BoondockOutdoors!!! I received two chargers this morning from him to help me get back in the field. No charge, from a total stranger, to help a fellow hunter! AND had other offers from fellow members to send chargers too. Too bad EWT can't conduct business like BoondockOutdoors and take care of their customers. A BIG thanks to all!!

Now was that so hard for Ewt to do wow how to prove that you don't care about the people that will and have built there business I guess I wouldn't give them a red cent.

Back