Blind as a bat Red Fox

bhw

I thought it was going to be windy tonite so the thought of hunting never occurred to me. However, the forecast was wrong and the air was still. Out I went to some local farms. Two minutes into the first stand and this female showed up. I could see her moving through the woods and then start to cross the field. Just then the unthinkable happened as my Dollar Store reading glasses totally fogged up. I quickly stripped them from my face and prepared for the shot.

The fox was now within 100 yards and standing still. My poor eye sight made for a tricky shot, but I managed to settle the crosshairs on the glowing eyes and took the successful shot. Upon inspection, the fox was tiny, but well furred. Two more farms were fruitless, but at least I busted my slump of a week.

09680239949c7e61e07ce47efba9b623_zps8143a70a.jpg

Nice Andrew! I shot one nearly idendicle to yours Friday evening. 8lb female. results were not good on fur from my .223.

Last edited:
Ever used the rain x antifog on your glasses? I've been meaning to pick up some to try on mine. I have the same problem but without my glasses I need to be hunting elk at 20 yds to see and hit it lol

rifle is rem 700 in .223 factory load Hornady 55 gr v-max

yes, there was a sizable exit hole on this one

That light is the Coyote Light. It can be found with a quick google search of said name. It is a high quality light that I enjoy using. As soon as the snow pack settles down, and weather cooperates I'm gonna get back out there and remind myself that I used to be a predator hunter!!

Lol. Thanks. Those are nice lights I just ain't got the coin for one now. Just bought a new savage 10xp predator. My wife don't know yet. You ever used the wicked lights zf401? Is it any good?

Back