IMR 4320 Powder?

bulkness

Anyone using IMR 4320 in their hunting AR 223/5.56? If so, and you don't mind, what load data do you have available? Reason I ask is I have an 8# unopened can and 2 1# unopened cans.

Originally Posted By: dennydI like 25.7 with a 55 gr v-max, or a 55 fmj hornady, i wish i had 8 lbs of 4320, i love the stuff.

Do you find that it burns dirty?

4320 fan here as well. Don't have an AR but 24gr under 60gr Vmax is deadly accurate medicine in my bolt 223.

Also load it for the 22-250 and 270 with excellent results.

It does seem possibly a wee bit dirtier than a couple other powders I shoot but that's not a deal breaker for me it just shoots too good!

Not at all. i think a lot of the ball powders are a little dirty in 223 though. What i also like about 4320 is it meters so nice compared to a long stick powder and burns the same in hot or cold weather.Originally Posted By: bulknessOriginally Posted By: dennydI like 25.7 with a 55 gr v-max, or a 55 fmj hornady, i wish i had 8 lbs of 4320, i love the stuff.

Do you find that it burns dirty?

A friend gave me two pounds of 4320 powder. I've been using it mostly in 243 and 284 Win loads, no problems. One the tables it's in that 'medium/faster' range, versatile too.

I run it in 17 Rem and played with it in 270. Thinking about running it in a new 223 this year too....unless powder comes back full force.

4320 measures much better than Varget, and you can find it for sale. i also like it in my .17 rem. One of my older hornady books show's a 27 grain charge with a 55 gr bullet, i have no problem getting the powder in the case, but for my ar's it is over max, even 26 was a bit hot so 25.7 it is and nice shooting groups.Originally Posted By: TheshedhunterActually I would trade it for the Varget I can't get that here!!!!

Back