Credit Card Knife

CS Clark

Never seen one of these until I saw an ad for this thing. It's a credit card knife. Its about the size of two credit cards and fits in your wallet. Thing folds into a knife. I don't think I'd want to start a knife fight with it, but pretty cool idea if you ask me. Not exactly skinning material
laugh.gif

I got one, you have to pay $4.95 for shipping, and they offer a couple of upgrades, but what the heck, I'll give it a try.

Does anybody else have one?

Yes, they are handy little items to have around, in case you lose your pocket knife. I showed my father in law mine. He then had me order a dozen for him. Think he sold them at the local coffee shop or something.....

Originally Posted By: prairiefireIs this something that would trigger a scanner at the airport?

It's a steel blade. And I am sure they (TSA) are looking for it. I would not try it with those idiots.

Originally Posted By: prairiefireIs this something that would trigger a scanner at the airport?

I certainly would hope so. But then again, I don't ever fly, so.....

One thing I'd rather not deal with. The knives can go in the checked bags. No real benefit to push the odds and plenty of downsides.

Originally Posted By: waterweasleis it that hard to carry a good little pocket knife?

No

Matter of fact,,,, if I have my pants on I have a pocket knife on me.
My wallet, on the other hand, is out in the truck.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: waterweasleis it that hard to carry a good little pocket knife?

No

Matter of fact,,,, if I have my pants on I have a pocket knife on me.
My wallet, on the other hand, is out in the truck.

Same here, except the wallet. I only carry a small front pocket wallet. There isn't enough room for the knife thingy in there. Only carry my Mil ID, DL and Cabela's ID, along with my debit card. And every once in a great while, maybe a dollar bill... I always have at least 1 pocket knife on me...unless going through the security checkpoint.

I never carry a wallet.
Like you, I have a small CC wallet with DL, Debit Card, 1 credit card, and one twenty dollar bill that lives in the truck. I live at the end of the road up in the mountains so the only danger in leaving it in the truck come from Mice getting in and shredding the twenty.
smile.gif

I stopped carrying cash when I retired until I ran out of beer one day and when I went into town to resupply the only store in town's card readers were down!
shocked.gif

Gotta have that emergency fund! Can't be having you without your favorite brew...Coors Light, IIRC...
grin.gif

If I didn't need my Mil ID everywhere and for everything on base, I'd go without a wallet as well. But, for now I keep it as low-profile as can be.

YEP. And I'd be the idiot that forgot it was in my wallet and get caught in the security line. Thanks, but no thanks.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: prairiefireIs this something that would trigger a scanner at the airport?

YEP. And I'd be the idiot that forgot it was in my wallet and get caught in the security line. Thanks, but no thanks.

Exactly what I thought. In this day and age I can see the headlines: "Right wing extremist caught at airport with (gasp) 2" knife disguised as a credit card. A subsequent search of the suspect's residence turned up (double gasp) several 'assault rifles', semi-auto handguns and thousands of rounds of ammunition. Authorities are thankful to get such a desperate man off of the streets before he could carry out his plans of self-reliance and self protection."

According to the LA Times, TSA took an average of 20/ week off of passengers in 2014, so it's certainly a known item to them to look for when scanning. I believe, but am not certain, that when you see a bulk lot of say 25 used credit card knives for sale on eBay, the seller purchased these in large quantities on another government auction site where TSA-confiscated stuff is sold.

I'm pretty sure if I carried one, I'd either cut myself or get a butt-whooping while I was trying to get it out and fold it up. They're about as useful as ninja stars IMHO.

I have about 10-12 of these things somewhere. They are new, not confiscated, and not the fakes sold in bulk on ebay.

If anyone is interested, I will try to locate them.

They are handy to have. But not for self defense. They take up zero space, just like a credit card......

Back