coyote chair project, need help.

ohihunter2014

so I just found these tensing predator and turkey chairs.

me and a buddy got to thinking we would make something like this with an external frame pack, anyone have suggestions on how we could make one of these?

Your link didn't work, the way you had it.
Here it is posted so it'll work.......

I can't help with ideas. However, I thought you might get better responses if the link worked correctly.

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Your link didn't work, the way you had it.
Here it is posted so it'll work.......

I can't help with ideas. However, I thought you might get better responses if the link worked correctly.

thanks!!
smile.gif

Pretty straight forward. You saw how Tenzing did it, that's pretty much the easiest way. Just a couple of spring loaded legs mounted to the frame. Same way the the Cabelas Speedy Coyote vest works. Easy peasy. I've done a couple on surplus ruck sack frames, finding suitable "kick stand legs" is the hard part. I used a pair of used Stoney Point mono-pods that I bought on Ebay for mine. One thing that I've noticed that helps my back a lot is to have stiffeners in the sides of the seat pad, then tie the ends of the seat back to the frame. Having a backrest with your legs out straight seemed like I was always sliding down into the seat, and killed my back (and I'm a young guy in good shape).

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZi don't know how to make that.. I am sure that i could..

But..
I wouldn't be able to do it for less than $25
Here is a seat that i use.. It has a back rest, and lifts you just a little and helps you see and keep you off the ground.
https://www.averyoutdoors.com/powerseat

is that only available through that site? im not one for online purchases.

I have two.. One that i use and one that i keep for who ever goes with me. I have had to buy a lot of replacements for the second one.. It has legs, and somehow keeps walking off. lol

The only thing that i did differntly is add some leather patches at the corners of the back rest. There is a set of small metal poles to keep the back rest in shape (very nice by the way)
Over a year or two those poles will poke through the fabric.. So, I sewed on leather patches to prevent that from happening.

I like that it's so light, lifts you just a little and is easier on my knee's when getting up. It keeps me from sitting in cactus, and has a back rest, and after 10-15 stands in a day, you will appriciate it. I really like the feet running front to back so that i can sit on a hill side and lean back in it, is very nice as well.

the tri-legged predator chair is the best idea for a chair that will allow you to lean back without tipping over... which allows you to brace up hard for a steady shot. You have to be able to... GET INTO IT... or your just sitting on the ground... or a few inches off of it.

It would be easy to make a good one with a few extra things laying around.

Last edited:
Back