Foxpro call investment

Riss6270

Hello all,

Bobby T here. This is my first post to this forum. Quick background. Always have been a hunter. My brother purchased a foxpro wildfire. I asked him If I could use it one night. Went out and first time out killed my first fox. I need not say any more. I am hooked. I have been looking at calls. I was looking between the fox pro fusion and the shockwave. I know there is a 100 difference but if someone were to suggest a call what would you suggest? I have been lurking here for a while and glad I joined. I hope to offer some advice and learn a lot from the knowledge on this forum.

Last edited:
Since you are looking at the higher end models, I'll mention that I prefer the CS-24 over either that you brought up. I do own the Shockwave too. I just find the CS-24 easier to carry and deploy and the single horn speaker has better total volume. You have to use the remote to operate the CS-24, which is an issue for some, but not for me.

- DAA

DAA. Thanks for the comment. I do like the single speaker which looks from the pictures big. This looks great for fields and long distances. I will be hunting both in fields as well as woods. Will this call be to overpowered for woods hunting?

I picked up the shockwave recently and it is awesome. The volume is everything you should need. I have the same speaker that the cs24 is made from that can be used as an external speaker. I think it is the best of all worlds and the volume is crazy.

Guess I'll go against the flow. Unless I needed the volume, I'd personally stay with the Fusion or SW. Both are compact units that can be carried easily in the hand or with an e-call sling. I will agree that choosing a caller with the TX1000 remote (all models mentioned do) is going to be a good decision. It rocks.

I personally find the CS24 quite a bit easier to carry in one hand than the SW. The small, thin carry handle of the CS24 is one of the practical aspects I most appreciate. As I carry my seat, shooting sticks and the call all in my left hand while coming and going to a stand. The SW with it's thicker, central handle is considerably more awkward and difficult to carry in that configuration.

- DAA

Depending on your needs, the Fusion or the CS-24 would be my recommendation. Both excellent calls and come with the TX1000 remote.

if the expense is properly reviewed & justified regardless of the product i intend to purchase I usually by the product i can grow into based on expense & not the product i can easily grow out of based on the same thing............its much less expensive in the long run to get in right to begin with ILO taking a bath later to further your game........good luck!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

I looked at all of them and my biggest thing with the shockwave was being able to easily call in 2 directions. I could be wrong but when I hook the external speaker up, that speaker is the same volume as a cs24. I rarely use it except for a few spots with high winds. I have no problem carrying it. There all great calls though depending on how you want to carry, and what you want it to do for you.

I've owned 3 Foxpro calls & currently have the fusion. They are all really good calls but I'd say the fusion simply because I have mine fitted with the Foxjack decoy & it's all one unit package. Ease of mobility out in the field has always been something as a top priority for me.

Their service is pretty danged good also.
I sent my remote in for a fix and it was back in a week.
To bad I wasn't and still not home to try it

I own the SW and CS24b. I always have both of them with me and I tend to reach for the CS for the same reason as DAA. I would probably trade my mint condition SW for a CS24c.

Ha I have no dog in this fight , lol. Don't own any of the above but I do own the Fury. I love it for small size and all the volume you will need. The Fusion is the updated model with the great new controller. I will have a new Fusion soon. Here is my Fury in carry bag from allpredatorcalls.com along with my decoy,tripod and other assorted gear. Happy shopping & WELCOME TO PM & hunting the hunter !

0D356BE3-0814-4F52-9A8F-086DF4A42127-11254-000022868E96BFAF_zps0083182f.jpg

Here in Pa., I've owned and used the FX3, FX5, and Fusion. I love the compact design and the TX1000 remote on the Fusion. It gives me all the volume I need to hunt crows and predators in Western Pa. Sometimes I carry it in a shoulder bag but, if I really want to travel light, I throw it on an ecaller lanyard.

I had a FX3 and it called critters. I upgraded to the older CS24 several years back. I like the CS24 more. I never had a lick of trouble with the CS24, but you can tell when the batteries are going bad, the unit and remote doesn't work right until you put in new batteries.
smile.gif

They both have pretty much the same features with the same remote. What made me get the shockwave over the fusion is being able to adjust the speakers in whatever direction you want. Most of the places I call it is very benefitial to have two speaker directions, plus with the shockwave you have two horn and two tweeters for excellent sound out of both ends.

Back