First stand with new Foxpro = dead coyote

dustinyotes

I ordered a CS24C from Foxpro and it arrived last week, I have not been able to do much coyote hunting for the last couple months and I really wanted to try out the new Foxpro. Friday I drove out to an area that I like to hunt and was happy to see that the road had not drifted in and I was able to drive most places I wanted to go. On my way out I had a coyote run across the road and was heading for an area that I love to call.

First thing Saturday morning I drove to the area I saw the coyote and it was very foggy, I walked in to my calling stand and began some group howls with the Foxpro on the edge of a small brushy canyon. I had several coyotes howling back but could not see them through the fog. After several minutes of howling back and forth the wind began to pick up a bit and move the fog and as the fog moved I could see longer distances for a few seconds at a time. Eventually I spotted a coyote standing on the opposite side of the canyon, I quickly turned up my scope to 12 and dropped the coyote.

I went back a little later after the fog had cleared a bit and took this photo from my stand location, the coyote was on the ridge at the top of the trees it was a 230 yard shot.

I shot the coyote with my 17 Tac and 30 grain berger bullet, small 17 hole in and no exit. I love this gun for coyotes.

In this picture you can see where I was sitting when I shot the coyote, I was sitting next to the juniper tree near the top of the other ridge.

I am very happy with the CS24C, I wanted a call with a lot of volume and this thing is loud. I can't wait to get out again.

awesome terrain and good work!
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for the kind words, I am very happy with the Foxpro the remote is awesome.

Originally Posted By: NYyotekillerI'm jealous of your hunting area you got out there. It looks like some awesome calling terrain.

This is great country for coyote calling, it has been in my family for many years. I am very lucky to have a place like this to hunt.

Back