Texas Chanpionship Winners?

yellowhammer was on the top team, it was a pleasure to be beat by them, I forget what their total was,(several bobcats, coyotes, and coons) but I know it sure beat our 2 coons, LOL or what the total for the contest.

great time had by all I think, I no I had a blast. for the most part every one thought with the break in the weather it would result in good numbers, but many found that the standing water in some locations made stealth mode difficult. the high point for me was teaching a young new partner who was a quick study and when we where calling for cats in heavy cover, I had a coon charge in and knock over the call and bolt out, he was disappointed not being able to get a shot off, I whispered to hold tight and started playing juvenile coon, wasn't 30 seconds later and to coon was back stalking the call. he thought that was way cool.

I'll do it again next month

I think we are talking about different contests, I'm referring to the coyote calling championship. Which are you talking about?

Team from tulsa Oklahoma killed their 12 on Saturday at 4:07pm. 2nd place team killed their limit 27 minutes later. Team from tulsa won big coyote too.

That's awesome impactzone, always a good feeling to teach a new partner into the predator world ! I was actually in one this weekend as well, which was their 1st annual go at it. ( Predator Xtreme Central TX ) Totally agree with the water standing, made me and my partner walk and walk everywhere so I didn't get buried in all the muddy muck which is out there.

Don't feel bad about your 2 coons [beeep]! We came back empty handed sadly... Called in 1 cat which held up at 200yds and disappeared, and 2 coyotes. 1 of them busted us and the last one was very possible but I had the shotty and couldn't get my buddies attention enough to move 5 ft to his right to see it from the open valley. Ended up taking 3 cracks at it with his 30-06 from a runner at 500 yds + lol =\ Oh well.

Back