Western Canda Fur prices

From what I've read coyotes are supposed to maintain last years prices. Used in the trim trade hopefully we will do ok. Now beaver on the other hand ...

We just sold 55 coyotes for $3900.00 last Monday to a local Fur Buyer. He buys on behalf of NAFA. We may have done better sending the furs to the auction ourselves but this is just plain easier
smile.gif
. We have sent them in the past but by the time you pay shipping, insurance, commission, tumbling fees and so on,...selling to a fur buyer is a good option too.

North American Fur Auction (NAFA)
2015 Auction Schedule
•January 26 – 30, 2015
(on show January 22)
•March 28 – April 3, 2015
(on show March 23)
•June 28 - July 3rd, 2015
(on show June 23)
•September 1 – 3, 2015
(on show August 29)

Did I read that right, $70 a coyote? Wow that is a lot more than I would have thought, good for you.... Always enjoy your stories and pics

Originally Posted By: SnowshoesWe just sold 55 coyotes for $3900.00 last Monday to a local Fur Buyer. He buys on behalf of NAFA. We may have done better sending the furs to the auction ourselves but this is just plain easier
smile.gif
. We have sent them in the past but by the time you pay shipping, insurance, commission, tumbling fees and so on,...selling to a fur buyer is a good option too.

North American Fur Auction (NAFA)
2015 Auction Schedule
•January 26 – 30, 2015
(on show January 22)
•March 28 – April 3, 2015
(on show March 23)
•June 28 - July 3rd, 2015
(on show June 23)
•September 1 – 3, 2015
(on show August 29)

You got a pretty good avg. there snowshoes. Poor turn out at fha auction apparently. Beaver prices are even lower this year.

Originally Posted By: Hotrod1968Prob a dumb question, are they skinned and stretched at this price?

Yes they were skinned and stretched. I had to give my skinner his cut from what we got paid.

Originally Posted By: Doc25You got a pretty good avg. there snowshoes. Poor turn out at fha auction apparently. Beaver prices are even lower this year.
Historically it seems NAFA pays out better than Fur Harvesters, NAFA draws considerably more world buyers to their sales.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Doc25You got a pretty good avg. there snowshoes. Poor turn out at fha auction apparently. Beaver prices are even lower this year.

Yeah, my buddy and I aren't even after beaver this year...waste of time & money with what they're offering for beaver pelts
frown.gif

The NAFA sale today Hvy coyotes with good color (ligh) and good bellies clear (1-2)did very good. Prob in the $110 range overall. Darker coyotes and casty bellies (3-4) were less but still very good. The good semi hvys did go but the average semi hvy and eastern yotes struggled.

Originally Posted By: phutch30The NAFA sale today Hvy coyotes with good color (ligh) and good bellies clear (1-2)did very good. Prob in the $110 range overall. Darker coyotes and casty bellies (3-4) were less but still very good. The good semi hvys did go but the average semi hvy and eastern yotes struggled.

Thats good news for us western Canadian coyote hunters.

Im not sure why darker coyotes go for less..I always think they look so much nicer. Some of that darker fur has so much character and beautiful lines in it. If I wanted white fur Id shoot a rabbit lol..

Cheers!!

Back