RRA Predator Pursuit Question (Long Read)

backwoodsGAboy

Thanks everyone on the forum who has helped me decide on what setup to go with on my first AR. I contemplated building one, but due to my schedule I decided to order one. I always thought I wanted a RRA, but after looking and reading on here at the positive response, I knew that was what I wanted.

I did my research and decided on the RRA Predator Pursuit 20" barrel. I priced them out from a few shops here in GA, but ultimately decided to order through my local shop in town. I called Rock River and they informed me that all stainless barrels are about 30-60 days out. Not a problem, so I placed the order. That was about 2 weeks ago.

Now to the problem. Saturday I was in another part of the state and decided to stop in a shop. I heard the dealer tell someone that all RRA guns are from 2-10 months out! Now I was prepared for 2-3, but not 10! I immediately went to call RRA and a recording came on saying they were closed and only open from M-F 8-4 Central Time. In my opinion, if you have a back log that pushes orders 10 months out, you may need to work more than 40 hours a week. I know they are a small company, its just my opinion and I am going off hearsay, so it may not be the case.

I've emailed them and got the response that they received my email and would HOPEFULLY respond in 72 hours. This post has been more of a vent until this point, so I apologize.

Anyways, my question is what kind of lead time should I expect from people who have ordered the 20" Predator Pursuit? I know I should probably be patient and wait on their response, I'm just ready to get going (especially since the Leupold and mounts have already arrived). I also got a little nervous after searching RRA Customer Service and seeing some horror stories.

Sorry for the long post and thanks again.

I hate to say you are overreacting but.......

Have some faith that RRA was telling the truth and not freak out over hearsay you heard in a gun shop. I doubt any AR manufacturing companies are that far out. During the Obama/Sandy Hook panic, sure, but not now.

Enjoy your rifle, they are great guns.

I hardly think they have a large backlog with all the layoffs I have been hearing of in the Firearm industry. RRA is not one of them.

You're over thinking it, IMO. RRA rarely has a "real" estimated time hence the variation in time. They'll deliver it, but they're not always fast about it. I would estimate under 60 days based on what we've seen recently.

You can buy one from several vendors. I got mine from Joe Bob Outfitters recently and it arrived in just a few days. Best price I saw anywhere plus they have a military/LE discount.

I want the best, and I want it now! Calm down, when I ordered my RRA Predator Pursuit upper they were out of the 20" barrels so I opted to wait it out, I too wanted the best. They said maybe 6 to 8 months, welllll OK, send it when you get barrels. It showed up in less than two months. If your really in a hurry, I'll sell you my 20" PP upper for $1K you pick up the shipping too. No FFL required.
smile.gif

I ordered a PP upper at the height of the panic. They would not commit to a delivery date. I received it at 90 days. I would expect it faster now.

Quote:2-10 months out!

I hope you never get jerked around by a gunsmith. I waited over a year to get a simple rebarrel done, supposed to take 3-4 months.

Thanks for the responses guys. That's more than I can say for RRA. Their 72 hour hopeful reply didn't come through. Sounds like it will all be worth it though based on what you guys are telling me.

Got the response... Looks like you guys were right

"Our lead times are approximate, so a rifle order could potentially extend past 60 days but it is relatively rare, barrels come frequently from our supplier so the 30-60 lead time is pretty accurate."

Originally Posted By: R15 PredatorGo get the suppressor you will want now and hopefully the Tax Stamp shows up same time as your gun!

That's what I'm doing. Get the suppressor paid for and paperwork going. Then, I'll start building my weapon. Should all come together at about the same time.

Back