coyote hunting chair suggestions

try cabelas predator or turkey chair. they are low to the ground. could be problem if you have trouble getting up. I like mine real comfortable, solid rest shooting off your knees.

Originally Posted By: old cattry cabelas predator or turkey chair. they are low to the ground. could be problem if you have trouble getting up. I like mine real comfortable, solid rest shooting off your knees.

that looks really comfy but also looks like you need 2 people to get you out of it, lol. is it light or bulky? we walk a lot so has to fit the bill
smile.gif

I've spent considerable time and change trying to find the perfect one. Everybody has different things they want from a chair. What is important to you?

I am in a similar boat.
For yourself, I would suggest the cabela's heavy duty camo chair. I have one and its pretty tough, Im 230 lbs.
I have the predator chair and the small/light 3 legged chair used for blinds.
Predator chair doesn't work for down hill shooting or where weeds and terrain vary in height.
The heavy duty camo chair is perfect, but weighs a lot.
I tried going to my local home depot for a light folding back yard chair. Turns out that is a seasonal item.
I am looking for a heavy duty and light chair. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just a regular foam turkey seat has worked well for me. I hunt on very sandy soil so anything with legs would sink to the seat.

I have a pal thats taller & at least the same weight & he uses a folding 3 legged tri stool (I made it longer for him) as well as a stadium seat & they work perfectly. The 3L stool in tall grass the stadium for other areas. No need for a $100+ calling seat IMO!
Both are light weight as well.
Im 6' (but only 155) and use a 3 leg stool as well as foam bench air butt pad that ol wally mart sells in hunting..

Age, diabetes and arthritis have made it difficult for me to hunt on the ground anymore. I've been using a lightweight dove stool for a while but it got tough for me to stand up after a stand. My wife insisted that I get something more comfortable and easy for me to use. So I went to our new Cabelas store and found this director's chair. I left off the table and reduced the weight substantially. I have no trouble carrying it out, setting it up or taking it down. It's been to the field 4 times. I use a Bog Pod which adjusts to the right height so shooting is easy. I've killed several coyotes and a big cat while sitting in the chair. Take advantage id whatever foliage is around.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Camp-Furniture/Camp-Chairs-Stools|/pc/104795280/c/104267880/sc/558326880/Cabelas-Directors-Chair/1748327.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcamp-chairs-stools%2F_%2FN-1115036%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_558326880%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104795280%253Bcat104267880&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104795280%3Bcat104267880%3Bcat558326880

Last edited:
I am 6'4", 225 lbs and a cheapskate. I just pick up a low beach chairs for a couple of bucks at yard sales. A little paint to cover the bright spots. The arms make great shooting rests.

I am 6'4 290 the bass pro gobbler lounger is the best I can get a month out of one or 50 sets. The cabelas predator lounger gets maby 15 or 20 but that's the price I pay for not sliding my feet out from under the table. I think the bass pro chair would do the ticket for you.

$20.00, northwest territory stadium chair. At kmart. Requires some spray paint but it's supper light, comfortable, has a pouch, a shoulder sling, and I'm 6'2 270lb and no issues, it's quiet foe the most part.

This is my pack with a rifle scabbard.

The main compartment is filled with a bean bag so you can lean it against a tree and sit on top to get a little more elevation. or after a little retrofitting when you need to get down a little lower sit in it like this. It hauls all of your stuff its lightweight and it has 4 different hights you can use it at.. What other chair can do that?

You can also attach a drag to the molle straps and have a drag "harness", on uneven ground the bean bag inside negates the slopes or bumps so you always sit level and comfortable, and it deploys quickly, silently, and easily.

Last edited:
look this up on internet tenzing ground seat. also a video on predator master predator hunting coyotes everywhere. cost $299.99.

Last edited:
Back