Borax to kill fleas?

Rock Knocker

Has anyone used plain ole' Borax to kill fleas on dogs and coons? Sure I've heard of Raid being used but I have a bunch of flea bitten coons here, a couple boxes of Borax and no Raid.

Borax is supposed to be a good way of killing fleas in your carpet and its pretty safe stuff.

What's your thoughts?

Stick with the Raid. Borax sucks. I probably just gave the fleas an enjoyable buzz because even a heavy dose of barax and sitting outside didn't kill em.

Use Dairy areosal and a garbage bag. Put the coyote in the bag and give it a healthy dose of spray and seal it up for five minutes. No live ones left then!

Borax powder dehydrates the fleas to the point of death. When their eggs hatch it does the same to them. It's great in carpets for longer term killing, never used it on furs before to kill bugs, but it does kill them.

I will remember that Dairy areosal if we run into the problem again. My buddy bought some off brand spray that killed them but it was a mess. The last couple years were cold enough to keep the fur clean and free of pests, this milder winter hasn't given us as good of coyote fur and the fleas that lived through the last couple winters seem like artic warriors this year. Every coon, coyote and rabbit has had fleas.

A real bummer because the last couple years were very unproductive because I was trying to learn what I was doing and try to show my buddies it is possible to call these things in. This year the amount of coyotes I've called in is off the charts but hardly worth skinning the things.

Back