PA fisher from 12-22-14

hunterknapp16

Didn't even realize there was a trapping forum on here until today.

Here is the fisher I got lucky enough to catch during our whopping 5 day fisher season here in PA. I caught 5 coon and then could not believe my eyes when I pulled up that morning to see a fisher sitting in my trap during fisher season. First one I ever caught. Just a small 5 pounder but it is a trophy to me!! Caught it on December 22nd, so it was an early Christmas present for me!!

019_zps20e68ff3.jpg

020_zps781d22c5.jpg

025_zpsc979b805.jpg

They are actually quite a bit bigger then it looks in the picture. It's in a #2 duke. Meanest animal I have ever had in a trap too. Lol. I couldn't believe it when my headlights crested the knob and it was jumping in the air. I knew they were in there, I saw tracks in deer season all over. The set is right on the corner of two trails through the woods. Have caught Fox, coon, possum, coyote, a turkey (lol) and now a Fisher there. Great spot on a travel corridor. If it wasn't so far away I would have traps there all year.

Yeah, I think so. His front left. His front right is in the #2. Lol. He was mean. I walked up and he walked right up to me and put his ears up and head down. I thought it was neat he was checking me out. I moved my foot and he attacked it like mad!! Lol.

Oh, I see what you mean now!! Lol. Yeah, it is just a turkey feather. All of his feet/legs were intact, not even a scratch on its leg. It was a #2 offset.

On my phone it sure looked like one of his legs.
grin.gif
That's great that he's in fine shape. Plans for him? Sell his fur (are they worth anything?) or mount him? Seems like that little fighter would make a neat life-size tabletop mount.

Mount as of now. Plans for that are now on hold though. Just had the wife/kids kitty just got hit by a car and went to the vet with a broken or shattered leg. There goes the Fisher savings. Lol.

They usually run $75-$90 at auction.

Back