A-Max for coyotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 with 53 AMax. Worked very similary to the NBT

However, I've killed and have seen countless critters killed with various AMax applications. I stated them earlier. 105 AMax on deer and Antelope, 162 AMax on Elk. And other weights used on small game, tons of woodchucks, prairie dogs, crows, etc.

When I see a 53 gr 224 AMax not exit on a Woodchuck, and I pick up what feels like a sack full of jello, that says performance to my liking.

Originally Posted By: FairChase93Not to nit pick your post, but it's a 52 gr Amax, not sure they ever made a 53 Gr Amax.

Sorry...mistyped that thinking 53 VMax. Thanks for the correction

I have to agree with Stu's last post.............also, Coltbill, you first stated that you run the risk of an Amax penciling through like a FMJ, but have stated that you just get big exits.........which is it? Those are two different animals we're talking about. Big exit still means dead coyote. I can't recall reading anywhere in this thread of someone having one Pencil through. If you get a larger than desired exit wound, then congrats, the bullet expanded and did it's job. Personally, I love them, and the yotes I've shot with them (quite a few) were all dead before they knew it. Like 2MG said waaaaaay earlier, I think they perform more like a Nosler Ballistic Tip. Just my experience............

I have used the 52 gr Amax for coyotes out of a 22-250 and have never had an exit hole. (Limited testing) This load was made for prairie dogs originally, but seems to work great on coyotes and badgers as a bang flop, fur friendly round. My load is only 3750 Fps, so not super quick but I have found it to be very effective, bullet enters and just explodes, leaving only the entrance hole. It's wild to read so many varying experiences with the same bullet. I was considering switching from Barnes TSX to the Amax for bobcats if I continued to see such fur friendly results on coyotes, but may need to test longer in case I start seeing the fur destroyed by different points of impact on the animal. For the record my fur unfreindly bullet is the 50 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip. It just wreaks havoc on the animals I've shot, but travels 150 Fps quicker than the Amax load, and has killed more dogs, since I've been using it much longer.

Well pitbull er i mean coldbill either don't know how to reload and the bullets are lobbing along at about 22 long rifle speeds or he had a different match bullet loaded other than an a-max, or he shot his yotes through the tail where he got his pass-throughs. reading some of his post it might have been all 3 of the above or maybe none at all-----------An A-max wont pencil through anything but a paper target, after that all bets are off, it's going to open up and fast. It's the most xplovisive bullet i ever shot, to much for fox, could be perfect for yotes, all other varmits you just walk up to and shake out the splunt.Originally Posted By: trimble s6I have to agree with Stu's last post.............also, Coltbill, you first stated that you run the risk of an Amax penciling through like a FMJ, but have stated that you just get big exits.........which is it? Those are two different animals we're talking about. Big exit still means dead coyote. I can't recall reading anywhere in this thread of someone having one Pencil through. If you get a larger than desired exit wound, then congrats, the bullet expanded and did it's job. Personally, I love them, and the yotes I've shot with them (quite a few) were all dead before they knew it. Like 2MG said waaaaaay earlier, I think they perform more like a Nosler Ballistic Tip. Just my experience............

I noticeed the mangy coyote in your avitar has a bullet creased high, right through it's back and it's tail is shot off and looks likee it might have took a bullet in it's left front leg, of these deadly shots how did the a-max perform?Originally Posted By: Coltbill45Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: Coltbill45Originally Posted By: pahntr760What you quoted is factually wrong, per Hornady. And your senseless name calling says a ton of your character. I suppose the countless animals I and those that posted above have killed or seen killed are wrong. Yep...that makes sense.

It's not factually wrong when it happened in the field with personal experience. But people like you believe in what is printed in books, newspapers and what you hear on TV. And my character will always be what it is when I have a bunch of people trying to jump down my throat rather than coming at me in a normal way when they disagree with my FACTUAL experiences. I don't put up with internet bullying very well so it is what it is.

If you were a Leopold fan and everyone came on here telling you that Leupold is junk due to an article written in a magazine or if they had a couple break on them, would you still make your experience with Leupold known that you had issues with them or would you tuck tail and follow the sheep? Like it or not, I'm no sheep and will post my problems with items in this world when people ask.

The problem is, the print I posted is only part of the comments I made. I also stated that I have used AMax in the field. I have seen many AMax used in the field, and I have many folks on here that have verified my findings by their field experience. Nothing about TV or magazines. You're the one trying to bully everyone else into your view. There is no blind sheep herding going on, simply people not agreeing with you. The exact things you are condemning, you are doing yourself. Your post are filled with name calling and snide remarks, but you continue to imply you are being bullied? I simply do not get where the animosity comes from towards the folks here. Anyone who post information contradictory to yours is a bully, or tin foil hat wearing, or a sheep, etc... I just don't get that...

It's quite simple and I'll break it down one more time for you...

A question was asked by the OP.

I answered with my personal experiences with a "IMO" added to my first experience post in this thread.

People respond that I am WRONG and do not know what I'm talking about when it happened to me on more than one occasion rather than asking as to how it may have happened. Instead I had the lynch mob jump down my throat for sharing my experience and opinion right out of the gate.

Even when the select few asked what exact loads I was using, speeds etc people on here still insisted to bash me and tell me that I have no clue.

You try to bully me, it's like backing a pitbull into a corner. You bet I am going to bite back and let you have what you are giving me. If people don't like it then maybe they shouldn't be so quick to jump down a persons throat when they had a problem with said item not working out to well for them rather than bashing them and trying to make them look stupid.

It's very easy for others to do that behind a computer and play the keyboard armchair commando part rather than coming at me like a normal human being.

Get it now?

I love how my post was deleted. Typical of biased moderators and I expect no less from them on here. And Denny (what kind of name is that anyways? Your parents must have really hated you), it's easy to talk crap behind your mothers computer while you are probably 60 years old and living in here trailer unemployed. Be a man, not a internet pirate. PM me if you have a real problem an want to talk smack.

Last edited:
I seen your deleted post, pm sent.Originally Posted By: Coltbill45I love how my post was deleted. Typical of biased moderators and I expect no less from them on here. And Denny (what kind of name is that anyways? Your parents must have really hated you), it's easy to talk crap behind your mothers computer while you are probably 60 years old and living in here trailer unemployed. Be a man, not a internet pirate. PM me if you have a real problem an want to talk smack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back