GOP Just Says No To PMSNBC

azmastablasta

Slippery slope? GOP just says no to MSNBC on debates
Howard Kurtz January 20, 2015

The Republican National Committee has stiffed MSNBC on the presidential debates. Is that a problem?

It is if you think political parties shouldn’t be able to pick and choose which journalists get to question their White House contenders.

Reince Priebus has limited the schedule to nine debates in an effort to get the whole reality-show thing under control and nudge the party into settling on a nominee more quickly. That makes it harder for underfunded or fringe candidates to break out with a few boffo performances, as in 2012, when two dozen debates started to make people's eyes glaze over.

And the news organizations were carefully selected as well. Fox News is getting three debates (one of them on Fox Business) and CNN two. One debate each was awarded to CBS, ABC and NBC (in conjunction with Telemundo), and one to CNBC.

Now you might say MSNBC doesn’t deserve a shot because its liberal commentators constantly bash the GOP. But imagine the uproar if the Democratic National Committee declared it doesn’t like Fox News and was excluding it from any Hillary debates (that is, assuming there’s a competitive primary)?

In fact, something like that happened in 2007, when the DNC said a debate planned by Fox and the Congressional Black Caucus was not among those “sanctioned,” and the event had to be canceled after candidates started backing out.

I just don’t like political parties dictating which media organizations can and cannot play. The Republicans, who clearly have a problem with Hispanic voters, also snubbed Univision.

Priebus had previously threatened to exclude CNN and NBC after they planned films about Hillary Clinton. I wasn’t thrilled about those Hillary projects, but I liked the idea of political punishment even less. (The dispute became moot when both projects fizzled.)

So do, say, CBS and ABC have to worry about what their journalists and commentators say, lest they lose a promised debate?

I admit it’s harder to defend MSNBC on this score than it would have been a half-dozen years ago. The network no longer has a news division, with conventions and election nights — and tonight’s State of the Union — anchored by Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow, and heavily populated by other liberal commentators. In 2008, the channel at least felt it had to bring in David Gregory for the big political nights.

Fox, by contrast, mainly used Chris Wallace, Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly to handle the 2012 debates, not its opinion hosts.

If the future of presidential primary debates lies solely with the parties picking networks perceived as friendly, American voters will be the losers.(Umm, I hate to break it to you but the libs have been doing this for quite some time.)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/...tcmp=latestnews

There are plenty of Liberal politicians that refuse to appear on Conservative leaning talk shows, but seldom to you see any LameStreamMedia comments about it...

Who, in their right mind, would want to subject themselves to a completely biased interview, where every word or phrase could be edited and reproduced out of context at a later date for the specific purpose of casting the subject in an extremely poor light??

umm, I know it's saying a mouthful, of what, I'll be bleeped. Remember the cow, Candy Crowley beating up poor ole Romney in the debates? That is what any Rino faces in the upcoming debates. Imagine if a conservative showed up.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaImagine if a conservative showed up.

Pretty good chance we won't have to worry about that...

^^^ truth speaker..

I don't think they should go on that network anyways.. It's a mess and it's clear what they are up to. Your not going to change the hearts and minds with them anyways.

I really wish the Rep would get their act together and start acting like they know what century it is..
They should do the Primary voting online and break the country into 6 regions and have the Primary voting one region per week for 6 weeks. This go spend months kissing the ring of the people in Iowa is old and lets those in a very few states decide who Reps put up. Get with the times and get the rest of the country involved.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: azmastablastaImagine if a conservative showed up.

Pretty good chance we won't have to worry about that...

Nailed it,Desert!!

Speaking of Crowley and oboma and the debate, I wanted Romney to tell her to shut up so bad I couldn't stand it. I think Romney was just standing there thinking what a set up. Not my job to say or know, but it would be fitting for Crowley to accompany oboma through eternity since they work so well together.

I'm thinking that if Cruz were to be that conservative, those attempting to make him look foolish, might themselves appear the fool.

Back