6-pack today.

IAyoteHNTR

I joined up with "the boys" and their dogs today and as a group we were able to put 6 in the back of the trucks.
thumbup1.gif

One of 2 guys who owns some dogs was able to get a couple of his "rookie" dogs on a couple good chases and got them some experience under their belt. It's fun to watch a good set of dogs in hot pursuit.

I was able to get the kill shot on this coyote today @ about 30-35 yards with the Remington 870 Super Mag using some 3" #4 buckshot Magnum loads.

a50cd7a7-55c1-4632-9ff8-5429b7597e97_zps35777346.jpg

We'll be back out again early tomorrow morning to see if we can manage a couple 6-pack days in a row.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerI bet that was a blast.

Yes it was! I think I got a little too hyped up though. I tried to go in reverse a little too fast and try a "slide around" on a snow covered gravel road because we had a coyote coming in hot just behind me and I ended up like this.
blush.gif

IMG_0101_3_zps93303986.jpg

1st time I've ever had to be pulled out of a ditch. But I'll use it as a lesson learned.
wink.gif

O running dogs, the good ole days when first starting hunting remember going with dad chasing down back dirt roads!! Wish I could enjoy those days again haven't done anything like that in like 15 years! Fun fun fun

No, no real damage. It bent the chrome step tube under the drivers door just a little and crinkled my front licensce plate but that's about it. This is just my weekend hunting/fishing truck for the most part, an '06 with over 150K miles, so I'm not worried about it being "pretty", just functional.

We ended up with a total of 10 coyotes for the weekend.
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Buried your nose in a ditch!
Don't that have a lever on the floor or is it 2wd?
That's why I have a winch on my 4wd truck. I can swap front or rear & usually have it on the rear. Glad you didn't destroy anything & good hunting.

Back