Upgrades to Tikka T3

MLC

Finally finished some up grades to my Tikka T3 Lite .223. I replaced the factory stock with a Bell and Carlson Medalist, replaced the bolt handle and shroud with Atlasworxs stainless. Replaced the plastic trigger guard with an Atlasworxs aluminium original TiKka T3 Guard that drops right in and takes the factory magazines, added a Bradley adjustable cheek rest, an Atlas bipod and top it off with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 scope with Warne rings. Now got to get to the range to site it in.

imagejpg9_zps73c36ebe.jpg

It's what you did NOT "upgrade" that speaks volumes about just how good the Tikka really is. Didn't upgrade the barrel and you didn't upgrade the trigger.

I always chuckle at the people that suggest buying Brand X or Brand Y because they are great shooters if you just replace or rework the trigger, put on an aftermarket barrel, etc. Which, when done, would put the Brand X rifle in a price category that is greater than a Tikka.

The quality and function of a Tikka is astonishing when you consider the price.

Grouse

I couldn't agree with you more grouse, if he did zero upgrading the rifle is still pretty much a guaranteed shooter. The only thing I wish is that in the 223, that they would have kept the 1:8 twist available. Seems now all that's available is 1:10.

The Tikka is a great rifle out of the box for the price. I just didn't like the tupperware stock, the plastic shroud and plastic trigger guard.

I was looking at tikkas site earlier today and did see some 223's listed with 1:8" twist. I think it was the hunter model.

The hunter model is kinda hard to get in anything other than 243, 308, 30-06, 300, or left handed. There are some out there. The forest model I think, but haven't checked into the twist rates on them. The 1:8 223's shoot extremely well from what I've seen out of a buddies rifle. We didn't try the real heavies though.

Very nice! I just bought a .223 Tikka T3 Lite at Sportsman's Warehouse, stainless, fluted, with 1-8 twist. It has been shooting great, especially with a 55 gr v-max. How much more does your gun weigh now? I really like your stock and aluminum trigger guard. Is Atlasworxs located in the US? How was your dealing with the company?
I would really like to upgrade the trigger guard and stock, but the added weight (if there is any) concerns me. I bought it to hunt coyotes, so I want it as light as possible. Plus, it is a GREAT shooter "as is".
Killed a coyote with it yesterday on it's first trip to the field.

I own a couple of Tikkas that get 4-wheeler treatment regularly, and I've not broken a trigger guard on either one. The material actually seems to be a hybrid like delriin, and they are pretty tough.

In contrast, in the past maybe 10 years I've broken two plastic trigger guards on Remington ADL's.

Back