forster jaw plate that captures springs.

rjh

I thought I would share this with fellow Forster press owners. I have no affiliation with this gentleman but can say that he was a pleasure to deal with. Here is a YouTube video of his product.
It is a replacement jaw plate that capture the springs. I just got mine today and it is a high quality part.
Here is a video of the product

Those things look like they're tougher than woodpecker lips!
thumbup1.gif

The maker of the plate sent me an email detailing the process that he uses to make each plate. I am very happy with the end result:

"I take oversize stock. Machine it to fit my fixture. Then load the fixture in the mill touch off tools. Run the parts take them out. De-burr them. Check size. Then do the two more operations where each side gets center drilled and drilled and tapped. The de-burr again. Then bead blast them. Then degrease them. Then parkerize them and insert the set screws and double check them for size again."

So he made a part for a problem that never existed? He bent his trying to pull a case out of a die.....seems like a waste of money. Am I missing something?

I suppose your not missing anything if you feel the plate something that does not have a benefit for your reloading set-up. Personally, I will pay the extra $17.30 over the cost of the original part (028271-037 SHELL-HOLDER JAW HOUSING $19.70) for the benefits I feel the part offers.

Originally Posted By: coues7So he made a part for a problem that never existed? He bent his trying to pull a case out of a die.....seems like a waste of money. Am I missing something?

I ordered one also, not because I thought my Bonanza plate was faulty or even a bad design. I ordered one because I like the idea the springs not being able to escape. I was going to order another plate or at least the springs from Forster even though I've not lost any springs nor is my plate faulty, but because as I get older things happen that haven't in the past. Like loosing springs when changing the jaws around for larger cases. I bought my Bonanza new so that dates it some as to how long I've owned one. Never lost or broke anything..............yet.

Back