Night vision mounted on shotguns?

bigbuck28

Tried to search it here but it was a nightmare. Everything else I've read says run a PVS-14 on a helmet with a laser.. But heres the problem.. I live in MA an can't use the laser or a light... Does anyone or has anyone mounted lets say a M845 to a 12 or 20 gauge shotgun? Were limited to a 22LR or shotgun..WORST LAWS EVER. I want to be 100% positive before I pull the trigger... So anyone?

I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I would love to mount a thermal scope on my shotgun because there are a lot of thick areas here and the dogs don't like to come out of it. It could get me a lot closer instead of trying to get them in the open for NV/rifle shots.

That would be a lot of recoil for the scope to take. Head mounted PVS 14 with a eotech on the shotgun would work well.

Originally Posted By: NoName1I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I would love to mount a thermal scope on my shotgun because there are a lot of thick areas here and the dogs don't like to come out of it. It could get me a lot closer instead of trying to get them in the open for NV/rifle shots.

i thought the exact same thing. but then i figure at shotgun range when im ready to shoot ill just turn the light on for quick verification before the shot and if the light is not too bright then it should not spook the critter without first providing time to get the shot off before it spooks. BUT if you can not use lights then that really makes things difficult. i have not used ether but i would say the head mounted pvs 14 with an eotech or any other night vision compatible aiming sight would be the only way it could be done but i dont know. i have access to a mtm thermal but i have shouldered my gun just to see if it could work like a pvs 14 but you cant see good enough and besides that the little booklet says specifically not to do that with on.

Anyone know where there having sales on PVS-14ss.. Not looking to pay 3k.lol...I used to use a M845 and loved it... Thats price range id like to stay in.... God i Hate MA

Last edited:
Back