First wolf of the year

wolfslayer243

So went out to do a little predator calling to try for a wolf or anything that came in really. Well I was able to call out a beautiful big black wolf. Came out at 15 yards and surprised me and was able to put a perfectly placed shot right behind the arm and the wolf made it another 15 yards before piling up. So when I got home I tried to weigh the wolf with my scale and the wolf topped out the scale and then some. My scale tops out at 112 lbs so I think the wolf was about 120-130 lbs. Entrance wound and no exit even at 15 yards away. Pretty impressed with this cartridge. Here are a few pictures of me and the wolf.

nice even black........great job!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Wow. Cool. You are one of the few so far to kill a wolf with the 17 HH. Beings is such a new cart. You definitely put the bullet in the right spot. . ! Excellent. Love seeing dead wolves.

After you peel him, it would be interesting to see just how far the bullet went inside. That's ideal fur bullet performance. Very impressed.

Thanks everyone. Sure was surprising to see him only 15 yards. Very little damage at all one entrance & no exit. Hardly even see the entrance on the wolf except for a little blood shot behind the arm.

Back