Midwest Industries GEN II SS upgrade with PICS!

Jacob_Hanan

Let me tell ya, I LOVE THE MIDWEST INDUSTRIES GEN II SS free float tube!!! The slim 1.5" OD feels GREAT in my hands and my rifle is now noticeably lighter and less front heavy. Which is great. I am now able to space out my 45 degree BUIS's (I'm going to use them on a trial basis to see if they are practical for close coyotes) I am now able to mount my surefire flashlight. I also purchased a magpull AFG (angled forend grip). I'm still testing it out. It was kinda a impulse buy because I've never been able to mount anything to my old tube. It kinda defeats the purpose of having the slim tube imo. But I will see.

I give the MI GEN II SS two thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight, slim fft. It comes with the barrel nut needed for instal and the wrench.

The thing is, even with my low pro gas block with my bull bbl It just BARELY fits over my gas block on the bottom. It clears by 1-2 mm. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to use a rat tail file or a small grinding wheel on a dremal tool to remove a bit of material from the inside edge of one of the small slots in the tube, so the GB will clear by a little more to insure a free float when fired? Idk how much a heavy bull bbl moves/vibrates when fired.

If I do remove material it won't be visible as it will be from the inside.

In closing, I am very happy with this upgrade. All I need now is my magpull UBR and I'll be done with this gun. For now anyway
wink.gif
lol

null_zps394c131f.jpg

Originally Posted By: steve garrettman that scope is mounted low, there isn't anyway I could see through that. MI gen 2 SS handguards are my favorite
It looks like it has a full length extended rail riser instead of 2pc mini risers.

if you bring the gun up and close your eyes and open them is the scope in full view. for me with that setup I would be looking over the top of the scope. thats just me though

The scope is higher than it looks. The gg&g rail raised it 1/4" I believe and the scope is on medium Burris zee rings.

It looks so low because its close to the rail.

It's perfect for me. That's why I bought the gg&g. To raise the scope and move it forward. I can take some pics with a ruler to show how high it is.

My scope is bottomed out. I can't move it one click down. Idk what that means. I would think its too high. That's why it's bottomed out.

Back