Mt Cur pup

TNYotehntr

Got Dan (Mt Cur pup) back in July. Man this sucker is the bomb on some squirrels. He started treeing at 4 months old and puts something in the tree every time I take him to the woods. Just wanted to show him off here. He's tree's on scent and site, checks in regular, comes to tone ... kinda wish I could say it was my great training ability but the little guy seems to figure everything out before I show him. He's 7 months old now.
Toothless Dan trying to sweet talk a few down...

He sure is a good looking dog. I don't know if "Toothless" suits him very well though. He has a serious set of choppers. By the time he is full grown, he will be one powerful dog.

Thanks guys! LOL yeah seems like those teeth look huge in the pics.

He is out of Dechard TN, posted pics of him on a TN forum, someone asked his blood lines and ran into the owner of his grandparents... hoping to get together with their owner here pretty soon.

Don't worry bud, he'll grow into them teeth someday. Until then, if he looks hongry, by all means give him two servings and get out the way!!
lol.gif

Good looking dog!! Pretty sure he could tree bear now too. All he'd have to do is show 'em his teeth; they'd climb right up a tree hoping he wasn't hungry enough to gnaw it down!!

LOL Those teeth are a site! He's funny when I knock one down to him, you'd think they were bubble gum. It'll be fun watching him move up onto coons. I'm thinking an occasional bobcat would be nice too. I don't think he's seen a cat yet though. I'm still shocked at how early he started, I never put a caged squirrel in front of him, just thought I was taking him for a walk in the woods. I actually take him with my Black mouth cur (foundation line) he doesn't tree, but it has no affect on Dan he'll keep on hammering on them. If Roi runs through more than once I put a leash on him I don't want him to pull Dan off tree.

Yeah, he looks like he's gonna be a good one Brad; fine lookin dog. He'll be scaring them coons to death soon enough too. Might want to give him a little time before you sick him on a Bobcat though, even with all them teeth!!

I agree Rocky! I sure don't want him hurt, it'll be a while before I try getting him on coons too. He's weighing in at about 45 lbs right now. I had one before (got dog agressive and I gave him away) that weighed 50lbs.. he seemed a lot bigger than Dan. Maybe taller and thinner, but muscled up. I keep hoping Dan will get 50+ I don't know but it seems like at about any size I wouldn't really want them to get tangled up with a bobcat. Put one in a tree so I can make sure they hit the groun dead.
wink.gif
now that's another thing.

I've never hunted over a feist, I've seen some video's on youtube though! Look like great little hunters.
smile.gif

Brad, I'd bet on him reaching 50 lbs. with ease. He'll gain quite a bit from just his normal growth through the chest and shoulders. He is a good looking rascal.

I have had a few hounds on cats they actually die pretty easy. Have had coons tear up hounds way worse than any of the cats I caught with them

That's surprising, but I've had no experience there. Good info, thanks! I've been thinking that's right Al, can't help but be on the edge till he gets there! lol

Back