AR collapsible stock

I did a build this past may and used an AR Stoner mil spec reciever extension from midway and a standard MOE magpul stock and it would catch my beard between the tube and the stock. i recently replaced it with the Magpul CTR and that problem is gone. There still is a tiny bit of wiggle when its fully extended but not much at all. You are gonna have this problem with pretty much every conventional adjustable stock. As they are used they will wear inside and their tolerances will open up.

The new Magpul MOE SL stock has a couple springs inside that push against the bottom of the buffer tube to eliminate any wobble. I am planning on trying one on the build I am working on.

I have a Magpul MOE adjustable stock on one of my Grendels and did not like the wiggle it had, so I used a piece of the soft velcro to fix it. I put the velcro on the buffer tube and used a lighter to singe it down to where it was just able to slide on. No more wiggle in the MOE now.

Magpul UBR

They are heavy and expensive but the added weight in the rear helps balance the rifle in my opinion.

Back