Losing confidence in new shockwave compared to my old wt 2030.

aaronmach1

Well guys i got permission last night to hunt the honey hole that i have been wanting to hunt for a few years now. Its 80 acres that butts up to the 160 acre gravel pit (coyote paradise) across the road from my house.
Has everything from water to woods to swampy super thickets. Last night all i saw was deer during my hour set. This new foxpro shockwave has got me somewhat discourage and not confident in it. I have never went this long without at least seeing a fox or yote make an apearance at a set when i used my wt2030 caller. Is anyone actually using the shockwave successfully in lower michigan? I notice to me the shockwave sounds are not as tingy or high pitched as the wt caller. The wt would makes the hairs in my ears viberate. I dont get that with the foxpro.

Last edited:
the remote and ability to change sounds order and categories. Also ability to add / delete sounds. The tx1000 foxpro remote is so much better than the wt remote its rediculas.

Last edited:
There need to be coyotes in the area to call them in. I highly doubt it is because of the Fox Pro. You have only had the call for about 1-2 weeks havent you? How many stands have you actually made with it? In the last week you have made 3 posts about things you dislike about the Shockwave. If you are that unhappy with it, sell it and buy another WT. Personally I would not ever sell my FP for a WT. I had one and the the WT dont even compare.

Originally Posted By: reb8600There need to be coyotes in the area to call them in. I highly doubt it is because of the Fox Pro. You have only had the call for about 1-2 weeks havent you? How many stands have you actually made with it? In the last week you have made 3 posts about things you dislike about the Shockwave. If you are that unhappy with it, sell it and buy another WT. Personally I would not ever sell my FP for a WT. I had one and the the WT dont even compare.
Im not giving up on it yet, just looking for some re-incouragement i guess. Yes it is new to me, maybe i just need more patience with it.

Sounds to me like the coyotes have got you doubting yourself. When you get to that point, you are in for some dry spells.

I am pretty successful over here in PA with one!! If you want your sounds higher pitched then use that feature on it. I would think it has nothing to do with the call. Maybe someone has called your areas without you knowing?

I think this is funny, because I hade the exact opposite happen to me. I had an Alpha Dogg and my calling partner had a turbo Dogg. I sold my Alpha Dogg and found a deal on a crossfire ( I was looking for a fusion). The first three sets we made with this caller we had critters climbing all over us. My buddy is convinced it's the caller. I don't. He doesn't realize how much time I've spent scouting to find better land with more coyotes. I think he might sell his now and buy a Foxpro. Silly kid!

Originally Posted By: barkI think this is funny, because I hade the exact opposite happen to me. I had an Alpha Dogg and my calling partner had a turbo Dogg. I sold my Alpha Dogg and found a deal on a crossfire ( I was looking for a fusion). The first three sets we made with this caller we had critters climbing all over us. My buddy is convinced it's the caller. I don't. He doesn't realize how much time I've spent scouting to find better land with more coyotes. I think he might sell his now and buy a Foxpro. Silly kid!
This is exactly what happened when i went from extreme dimension caller to a wt2030! Maybe thats part of my problem. Expecting 100% instant success from the shockwave.
thumbup.gif
Really like the caller itself and especially the remote!

Maybe trying a new sound, something that no one else uses would get more response. I might try adding this to my Fury...

the remote and ability to change sounds order and categories. Also ability to add / delete sounds. The tx1000 foxpro remote is so much better than the wt remote its rediculas.

If you mean it has a lot more techy features I agree. But in the field I will take my Ma15 remote over the Tx1000 any day.

For sure possumal. Like I said in his howling responses post, I have both wt and FoxPro and when it comes to calling using vocals I walk out with my cs24c. But I like the simplicity of my wt remote. I like to be able to hit power, sound number, and play in about 2 seconds.

You can do it awfully quick out of the presets, true presets at that, with the TX1000. With my sound list arranged in logical sequence, I can work between two sounds with the recall button awfully quick too. Not having to carry a printed list is preferred by me too.

I love my shockwave I was having a little trouble with it but a little help from possumal, yoda,stu and a few others helped me narrow it down to batteries weren't strong enough got new batteries problem disappeared. I'm sure you'll love it one thing about foxpro is their customer service I guarantee you won't get CS anywhere else like you do at foxpro.

Back