Bacon as a cover scent?

My wife overcooked some brownies till they were hard. She then broke it up and put it out for the birds. Soon we had 6 coyotes sniffing at my fence. One of them braved enough to jump the fence and eat the chocolate brownies. It was fun to watch because she was so nervous. But wouldn't give up till she ate three pieces. These are urban coyotes so they eat almost anything. I use rabbit scent on my mojo but might try bacon grease after eating the bacon.

Where is the love of Little Debbies.lolOriginally Posted By: tripod3Canadian bacon might have less cholesterol and easier to wash if you put it in your pocket.
Myself I used Hostess donuts, less mess and no cooking. the hole goes right over the gun barrel and stays there.
I may even have a pic of a coyote eating the donut.

Quote:I have learned a great trick to getting the coyotes to come in from a old coyote hunter. What you do is get you a few pieces of charcoal, a empty can and some bacon. Ligth the chacoal put the bacon in the can and place over the charcoal and just wait. The coyotes cant withstand the smell of cooking bacon.....Yep,,,That's the old thread that started the discussion a couple of years ago...I think most of the problem centered around the advocates winding up eating the Bacon before the Coyotes actually came close enough to shoot...
tongue_smilie.gif

Forget the bacon.

Cook several slices of bacon and save the GREASE in a jar.

Place the caller and open the jar of bacon grease and set it down beside the caller.

Less mess and works just as good.

Never had the problem ( that I know of) with coyotes scenting my caller. I have on many occasions had them attack the E caller. My Fury has a big tooth mark on it! The bacon may work, but lay it a few feet away.

Back