Subsonic .300 blackout bullet

wyoman

For the past several weeks I have been working up a load for a new subsonic bullet. I found these bullets on the internet and thought I would give them a try. They are showing some serious promise. The bullet is a 220 grain jacketed hollow point from blackoutbullets.com. The best part is they are only $55/100. The bullet is their Ar-15 bullet that has a sharper hollow point than their other subsonic bullet. These bullets are serrated the length of the bullet which aids in expansion. I am shooting this bullet in a remington 700 with a 1-7 twist barrel. I have not shot them in my Ar-15 yet but will in the near future. IMR-4227 is shooting pretty good groups at 100 yards. I know I know.... the posted pics are only three shot groups but it saves me time when testing and chronographing loads. These bullets started to group when I loaded them short. They really like a .050 jump. The two groups I posted were loaded .050 and .060 from the lands. I tried a wet newspaper test this week. The bullet speed was 1050 at the muzzle using a MagnetoSpeed V3 Ballistic Chronograph. The box of wet newspaper was placed exactly at 100 yards from the muzzle. I included pics of the bullets recovered from the wet newspaper for you to see. I can't wait to put them on a coyote at subsonic speeds with my suppressor. I think this bullet is what I have been looking for. [img:left][/img]
[img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]

you may wish to google blackoutbrass.com there have been some pretty serious CS claims laid against them. i have no first hand experience, just going by what i've found.

alot of the CS issues were around shipping and not answering emails which is why i stay away. I managed to get a killer deal on nosler CC which ill use for most of my subsonic work. debating going to an outlaw state bullet for hunting. he has subsonic bullets, pricey but they expand and should do some damage.

http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/2.html

Just a dumb question. If we are shooting subsonic, why not shoot a soft lead bullet? they would expand just as well if not better, and at that velocity there is no leading issues really if you get some with a good lube. And at about around 18 bucks a hundred, there sure is alot more bang for a buck.

Originally Posted By: 5spd***$55/100***

Krimy that aint no inexpensive bullet to plink with!.

^^^^^^^^I about had a heart attack when I saw that.

Most of the .30 caliber suppressors are not take-apart like the .22lr cans. I don't want to shoot lead bullets because it would gunk up my can. I have shot some plated 30-30 bullets suppressed though. If someone would make a heavy plated bullet that would expand and was cheap that would would be cool.

Most of the .30 caliber suppressors are not take-apart like the .22lr cans. I don't want to shoot lead bullets because it would gunk up my can. I have shot some plated 30-30 bullets suppressed though. If someone would make a heavy plated bullet that would expand and was cheap that would be cool.

I called Berry bullets asking for a 220-240 gr plated 30 cal bullet. They told me to call back in the late summer. Shoot them an email expressing interest. That bullet at about $80.00 for 250 would make my day.

Back