Dang preset buttons on the Sockwave remote!

SalemDawger

I keep bumping the preset buttons on the shockwave remote during set up and while on stand and walking to and from the stand. It scares the crap out of me every time when canine distress come blaring out unexpectedly not to mention has messed up my calling sequence.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have an idea to help minimize it? I find I'm having to be so careful not to hit them that I'm distracted on stand. I really don't want to turn them off because they are great when I want to use them.

Maybe Foxpro should recess them more into the remote or make them stiffer.

When I had the fury I would bump the select knob once in a while. One time I had a red charging in and I moved a little and bumped the knob. Any guesses on what came on?? Mallard greeting. Lol. He ran away. Must not have felt like having some duck that night.

Turn your call off when you're going to and from stand, and don't turn the remote on until you're ready to start calling. That will minimize it. As far as during the stand I would suggest just starting the sound you want and putting the remote down until you're ready to change.

I haven't hit a preset yet but have activated FOXBang once

Originally Posted By: CZ527Turn your call off when you're going to and from stand, and don't turn the remote on until you're ready to start calling. That will minimize it. As far as during the stand I would suggest just starting the sound you want and putting the remote down until you're ready to change.

I haven't hit a preset yet but have activated FOXBang once

+1

Why do you have your call and remote turned on while walking to a stand? I do not turn my remote on until I am settled in a ready to start.

Originally Posted By: mhammerWhy do you have your call and remote turned on while walking to a stand? I do not turn my remote on until I am settled in a ready to start.

same here. and if you are pushing buttons you don't want to push while on stand you are playing with the remote way to much.

that's not the preset button. since it's pup distress. It's the foxbang being set to sensitive..

I turn the call and the remote off after the stand to save batteries, and don't turn the call on until i set it down on the next stand.. I also don't turn the remote on until i am ready to shoot. You never know when you will get that 30 second coyote..
As for on stand, i have my remote on a lanyard that i can drop and it falls about where my belly button is.
It's important to get to the point where you don't have to look at the remote. You won't see coyotes coming in and leaving if you are staring at the remote. If there is a non standard sound that i want to play that isn't part of the presets, then i make up my mind first and then scoll to it. look up, then hit play and then put the remote down.

If i am messing with the remote, or my phone, i am not looking for coyotes and such and will miss shots that could put more fur in the truck.

I gave up on the whole remote from lanyard thing after coming to the conclusion that I might as well just start playing pup distress the moment I leave the house or de-activate foxbang. Dang remote would always tap against my gun when on the lanyard.

Last edited:
Wow, I think you might be right with it being the fox bang!

I have pup distress as my #1 preset as well as on Fox Bang.
One clarification, I dint mean it happens anytime walking to the stand, it has happened after I turn the call on and am putting into a sage brush or juniper and while walking to where I am sitting.

I also am forgetting to turn off the remote a lot because I am still in the habit of not having to from years with the FX 3.

I think that I also need to not carry my hand calls, binos, and remote around my neck at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

The remote around my neck is what got me with the fury because it had the push knob to select sounds and it would bump my belly once in a while. The night of the mallard was because I was running a bird sound that was the last one I had in the bird group and mallard sounds were next (not that I have ever needed them but they were ones I had inherited from a previous call).

Originally Posted By: littledawgI turn it off. The Foxbang is more sensitive than a 14 year old girl.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
Man, I'm glad I had all boys. They can be sensitive enough!
scared.gif

Yeah, reset the FoxBang sensitivity. I had a coyote slip by me in the brush once. When I jumped up to shoot, the remote hit my buttstock and FoxBang went off. He turned around to take a 35 grain Berger in the chest. Worked out that time!

Originally Posted By: tt35Originally Posted By: littledawgI turn it off. The Foxbang is more sensitive than a 14 year old girl.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
Man, I'm glad I had all boys. They can be sensitive enough!
scared.gif

Yeah, reset the FoxBang sensitivity. I had a coyote slip by me in the brush once. When I jumped up to shoot, the remote hit my buttstock and FoxBang went off. He turned around to take a 35 grain Berger in the chest. Worked out that time!

Youbgot lucky!!!! I have three girls, 2, 5 and 8!! I can't wait for 13, 16 and 19!!

Map your FOXBANG to the user button. This will allow you to turn it off when you want to. I've got mine set that way, and it pretty well eliminates the unexpected activations.

I found out that FoxBang was pretty much a joke on my caller. I had the sensitivity set as low as it would go, and it kept getting set off accidentally when it would bump my gun, binocs, etc. Having the sensitivity set low made actually getting FoxBang to function when it was suppose to after a gun shot pretty hit and miss. Most of the time it didn't work. I just shut it off altogether because I got tired of dealing with it. It's a great concept, but needs alot more engineering to function properly. That's my 2 cents.

fOXbanG is easy to set off with the TX1000 remote.

Never had any issues with accidental hits with it on my FurY.

I just leave my TX1000 remote off until I am set up and ready to sing. I have had really good results using f0xbaNg so I choose not to turn it off (which would be my next choice)!!

Back