300 blackout pistol or 6.5 grendel

dkarre

First off I plan on building both......I'm just on the fence on which one to build first. So I figured I'd reach out to your expert guidance on the subject. I've got the blackout build pretty much figured out in my head but the grendel I'm having trouble with barrel length...it's in between a 18" and a 20" let me hear what you guys think...thanks!

I'm a fan of the Grendel, personally not interested in the 300BO. My Grendel has a 20" barrel, but with a can on it it's pretty long. I kind of wish I went a bit shorter

Last edited:
I would go with a 20" 264. There is a slight gain and I like the balance a bit better but of course that's personal preference.

Greg

Am I reading this to understand you're trying to decide between a 300blackout PISTOL or a 6.5Grendel RIFLE?

I have no interest in an AR-15 Pistol (having owned one), and not much interest in the 300blk either.

20" or longer Grendel would be the move I'd take.

Last edited:
I've been leaning towards the 6.5 grendel from a practicality standpoint but have a couple friends with the blackout and they seem to really like them but Ill pry let that build simmer for a while...i appreciate the input guys...any thing in particular I need to be looking for in 6.5 build that isn't needed In a 5.56?

I got my mags from graf& sons, great prices. I also Have a ruger ranch 300 blk out along with my grendel. I have harvasted a few deer with the black out in Texas, Kills them where they stand with in reasonable range 100-150 yards. I like both calibers.

If you build a Grendel I like a 18in.or 20in. tube the longer gas system's make for less ware on parts and its also good for longer shot's if needed

I have a Daniel Defence 300 blackout pistol with a 10.3 inch barrell . Before I put my D740 night scope on top it weighs 5.3 lbs. I use it for hunting pigs at and really walk alot so weight was a big concern to me.

Back