Mt cur or Feist?

sigpros

Ok fellas I've found a pup of each breed I like. I want a dog that will be great with my kids (5,7), good in the house, and tree a squirrel too. Thing is I'm tore on which one to get. The cur pups are ready now the feist is only a couple days old. All are out of good dogs. The curs are Kemmerer (sp) and streak bred. My wife wants a dog to ride in the car with her and cuddle when I'm gone. What say the experts?

If I knew how to add a poll I would
smile.gif

Last edited:
Mt jackson is streak bred cur ---
This is not about breeding -- enjoy your pup--
You will get out of it what you put into it --
Where are these pups in Missouri ??
Lots closer than Tennessee ---
Good luck --
Thx

My question is which breed would do better as an indoor family dog also? I have never been around either of these breeds and wanting to get whichever one will be better for our family.

Our Mountain Cur and several dogs bred (Dasher) like her that I am aware of make terrific family dogs.

And then they flip the switch in the field.

My cur does really well with the kids(5,7 when i got her).. She loves to play with them and is very, very smart. When the kids try and sleep in, she will go in and pull their covers down (after opening the door) and then get her leash and almost drag them to the door for her walk.

Lots of personality and was a great hunting partner.

Well I'm going to look at them Wednesday. One of the cur girls is really calling to me. She has a little white on her chest and just looks awesome. I might have some puppy pics Wednesday night.

Originally Posted By: sigpros ----One of the cur girls is really calling to me. She has a little white on her chest and just looks awesome. ----

You know that when you pick that little girl up and look at her, she WILL be going home with you?
smile.gif

Ok guys. I got a fiest/ mt cur cross. She is such a cutie and her mom was a sweetheart and the dad is a little machine. They have 5 boys left of this cross. And they have 3 mt cur females left they are great looking pups. My wife just wanted the smaller feist size and I think she will be a great addition to the family. The pups are south of Joplin mo if any one is interested. I have some pics I can email.

Back