6 Saskatchewan coyotes down today!!

Saskcoyote78

Finally....finally things went my way and some fur went down. I went well off the beaten trail,,walked a number of miles and in the end it payed off. Got 1 double and five singles with a mix of rabbit distress, fawn distress, pup distress and some female submissive howls on the Fury II.
Temps were a balmy -25 with 10 MPH winds. Rifle used was a Browning X-Bolt stainless stalker with Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32
One coyote was very mangy and didnt make the photo op...lol
My last three outings were pretty weak, managed 2 each day and was getting frustrated to the point it wasn't fun...today I just went out with a positive attitude and it went my way.. Positive attitude and a never throw in the towel really helps!! I also switched up my bullets and purchased the highest swivel bi-pod I could and made each shot perfectly. Really helps to build confidence when you can trust your gear.

Cheers!!

Hey, that's really great.

You are right, a positive attitude means a lot and keeps a guy going, even when things might be slow.

Sounds pretty cold up your way. Not sure how you can stand that kind of cold.

What caliber is your X-Bolt?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Hey, that's really great.

You are right, a positive attitude means a lot and keeps a guy going, even when things might be slow.

Sounds pretty cold up your way. Not sure how you can stand that kind of cold.

What caliber is your X-Bolt?

-25!?
scared.gif
Congratulations.

Regards,
hm

Yeah -25 doesn't sound like fun at all, way to keep after them. Hoping to put some fur down myself in the morning.

I am a huge fan of a positive attitude. That is piling them up right there, CONGRATS!

Thanks for the pics, very nice.

Last edited:
Nice thing about fords here in sask. You can either get them in winter camo or night camo. Good shooting six in a day is pretty darn impressive. That your personal best?

That's a good pile of coyotes there. -25 doesn't sound to good though, I'm fussin because it's going to be +20's here this week. Pretty color on those dogs too, much lighter that the southern yotes I've been killing. Great job!

Saskcoyote78--Good job!!! That bottom left coyote looks light colored and silky.

The -25 temperature you mention, is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? Even if it is Fahrenheit that is still -13 and that is mighty cold with that 10 mph wind. You don't want to have bare skin exposed to that for very long.
scared.gif

That is some nice looking prairie pothole area stuff where you parked your pickup. It doesn't look like you have a lot of snow so that sure makes it easier to get into places. Thanks for the write-up and the photos.

Well done!
thumbup.gif
six is good.

We've had some of that cold weather here as well. I'm almost glad to be stuck in the house with the flu.

-25 and throw in a 10 mph wind and you need some dedication to keep at it, especially if you call upwind.

Thats Celcius...it was very cold but the bonus of the cold weather is that coyotes are crazy hungry all day and very easy to call in. Nothing like a hot cup a coffee between sets to warm up.

Cheers!!

Back