whats better foxpro Shockwave or CS24C

aaronmach1

would like to hear everyones opinions shockwave vs. the cs24c. Ill be hunting fox, and coyote and some crow maybe too. Looking to try one of the 2 models out. thanks

The Shockwave has excellent quality sound as it is equipped with two mylar tweeter speakers, one on each channel, plus the regular speakers on each channel. Gives you the most complete detailed sound of any ecaller. The Shockwave also offers every feature available from FoxPro. The CS-24C offers the same TX1000 remote but does not offer being able to point speakers in direction of choice unless you use an additional SP60 speaker. Also, you can operate the Shockwave without the remote; you cannot do that with the CS-24C. They are both excellent models so it depends on which form you prefer more than anything. The CS-24C is more compact and easier to transport.

Is the cs24c better on battery life than the shockwave? Also is the cs24c sounds more clear and crisp when turned all the way up compared to the shockwave? I would think so when comparing the speakers.thanks

I have and use both. Battery life is about equal. Sh0ckWavE has a small advantage in clarity and the cS24C has a little advantage in volume. Both use the TX1000 remote---best remote on the market.

I use the Sh0ckWaVe the most because you can hook a decoy right to it. I use the CS24C on the days I'm hunting WIDE open areas and if there is wind above 10mph.

A friend in Ohio sent me a planar speaker for my Cs24C and that really enhanced that caller. I have a SP60 speaker that I can hook to either one of them when I need more volume than usual.

In a nutshell you can't go wrong with either caller.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: possumalThe Shockwave has excellent quality sound as it is equipped with two mylar tweeter speakers, one on each channel, plus the regular speakers on each channel. Gives you the most complete detailed sound of any ecaller. The Shockwave also offers every feature available from FoxPro. The CS-24C offers the same TX1000 remote but does not offer being able to point speakers in direction of choice unless you use an additional SP60 speaker. Also, you can operate the Shockwave without the remote; you cannot do that with the CS-24C. They are both excellent models so it depends on which form you prefer more than anything. The CS-24C is more compact and easier to transport.

I may be wrong but I believe the CS24C does not offer the Foxpitch.

dang guys so far im still 50/50 on the decision. I wonder why i never see a cs24c used for sale but i have seen quite a few shockwaves.
your right no foxpitch on the sc24c

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCI have and use both. Battery life is about equal. Sh0ckWavE has a small advantage in clarity and the cS24C has a little advantage in volume. Both use the TX1000 remote---best remote on the market.

I use the Sh0ckWaVe the most because you can hook a decoy right to it. I use the CS24C on the days I'm hunting WIDE open areas and if there is wind above 10mph.

A friend in Ohio sent me a planar speaker for my Cs24C and that really enhanced that caller. I have a SP60 speaker that I can hook to either one of them when I need more volume than usual.

In a nutshell you can't go wrong with either caller.

What do you mean on the shockwave having better clarity? Does the cs24c crackle with like coyote vocalls on full volume?Also a lot of days we have 10-15mph winds. So is that a deciding factor to get the cs24c? Is there any comparisons of both playing full volume online? Wish i could hear em both.

Last edited:
I doubt there is much difference with both ecallers played on full volume. The sound is broken down more on the Shockwave since you are playing through two channels with two speakers on each channel, and two of them are Mylar tweeters. Either model is clear on high volume. To my ear, the CS-24C is more directional when you are using just the TOA it is built in, kind of like yelling loud with your mouth alone as compared to the same yelling with your hands cupped around your mouth to create sort of a megaphone effect. Of course if you play the CS-24C with an extra SP60, you get the direction and the volume. You can't go wrong with either model. They both have enough volume that I seldom use full volume. Don't forget that coyotes have superior hearing and they can hear easily what a human has trouble hearing at all.

I have a shockwave and a CS-24 with fox bang. It is not a CS-24C. It is every bit as clear as my shockwave and has a little more volume. I think the batteries last noticeably longer in the CS-24. Ask yourself if you will use all the extra features that suck us in to buying the latest model. The TX1000 remote is definitely a nicer remote that is easier to see with not so good eyes. I can personally say that after a few unintended bangs on my remote I haven't used fox bang in well over a year. If it were the end all fox pro would be using it more in their videos. I don't recall seeing them use it once this season. Not saying they didn't and it just didn't make the show but I dont recall seeing it. Fox cast and fox motion, while I'm sure they are great, I have not used in the field. Fox pitch requires you to look at the remote to get to it. It's purpose is to pull in critters that are hanging up out there. If I have one hanging up I am not taking my eyes off it or making any extra movement. You won't be going wrong with either but I wouldn't make my decision based on bells and whistles you most likely will never use.

Last edited:
I see it like this....

When I am hunting in Big Country Windy Wyoming where the distance between my stands is measured in miles, the extra volume available on the CS-24s, Krak2 and WTs do the singing.

Down here in the thick cover of the Sonoran Desert where the density of coyotes is higher and my stands are much closer together the ShockWave get's the nod.

But I gotta tell ya boys; we are really splitting hairs here discussing which of the the two callers mentioned is better. There are many much more significant variables that need attention. LOL

Im just afraid of the shockwave not having enough volume for calling across fields and in 10-15mph winds. And DOUBLECK, what shooting sticks are those?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aaronmach1Im just afraid of the shockwave not having enough volume for calling across fields and in 10-15mph winds. And DOUBLECK, what shooting sticks are those?

If volume is your thing and you can only have one caller, don't hold back; get a used Krakatoa or a MA-21. There are some screaming deals on both of them out there. If you have good young eyes the remote on the original K2 will work for you (not for my old abused eyes though).

I don't know how to describe those sticks. I have had them for a long time and they have been repaired and modified more times than I can count. Don't remember the brand it's been so long. I like the cam lock system on the extensions and the cradle is remade from aluminum strap out of the scrap pile as the plastic cradles won't last for a day of my abuse. LOL

its narrowed down to the shockwave or the cs24c, no others. Dont need the huge volume of the kracatoa. Just trying to figure out the sound difference between the 2 and clarity. thats my deciding factor. Is the cs24c that much louder than the shockwave? Found some good deals on used shockwaves, one local. Cant find any cs24c used for sale. So i go brand new with the one.
Big concern is coyote howls/vocals. Are they loud enough and clear enough with the little speakers on the shockwave?

Last edited:
aaronmach1:

The Sh0ckWavE or cS24C neither one crackle on top end volume. I use vocals a lot and always run full volume on vocals. Have not found a sound that will make either one crackle or distort. They will both be effective in 15mph wind. Both callers produce very high volume with vocals.

The reason you see more Sh0ckWaVe's for sale than Cs24c's is because they released the Sh0ckwaVe a year ahead of the Cs24C and had sold about 50,000 of them before they released the Cs24C with the TX1000 remote.

The shooting sticks you were asking about appear to be Vanguard's. They make great shooting sticks and have one called the T62U that can be used as a monopod, bi-pod or tri-pod. You might also want to look at a Caldwell Field Pod.

Last edited:
You are getting into a completely different discussion when you bring the Krakatoa II into the deal. It is by far the loudest ecaller on the market. It has a powerful stereo amplifier and is powered by 24V. IMO, you would seldom need that much volume for coyote hunting. Any coyote that can't hear the CS-24C or the Shockwave ought to be protected. If it is all important to you that you can hear the ecaller, regardless of wind conditions, the Krakatoa II would be a good choice.

thanks a lot guys. I think ill be trying a shockwave. Yote yoda, thats exactly what i was looking for in your last post thanks!

Originally Posted By: aaronmach1Im just afraid of the shockwave not having enough volume for calling across fields and in 10-15mph winds. And DOUBLECK, what shooting sticks are those?

10-15 mph wind is a daily occurrence here in SD. I run the shockwave and have no problem calling in coyotes from long distance with the volume it can offer. Coyotes can hear far better than you think. I remember calling in coyotes from quite a distance with one of the original Foxpros that used a Rayovac flashlight housing and a tiny little speaker. The original units were not that loud, but they worked. The thing that made me choose the shockwave over the CS24 was the ability to direct the sound where I wanted it. I did buy a used SP-55 speaker that I can use if the wind is really howling and I need the extra volume.

SDCoyoteCaller's comments are spot on concerning the Shockwave in the wind, and adding a SP-55 speaker. I prefer the Fusion and a SP60 speaker for my personal hunting. For a large percentage of the setups, the onboard speakers are all you need for coyotes to hear you and respond. For setups where I feel I need more volume, I use the SP60 speaker along with the onboard horn speaker. They can hear that combination in the next zip code. The Fusion is so compact and easy to set up on is own was a big factor in my thinking.

Back