Savage 10 vs savage 11 trophy predator hunter

jake mottayaw

Hey guys, I have a question about these two rifles. I've owned two different savage model 10 predators. I'm looking at buying another in brush camo 22-250. My question is what the difference would be in these two guns! Specs are the same aside from the 11 having two inch shorter barrel and no accu stock. Would accuracy and velocity be affected by this two inch barrel difference. The price is fairly better on the 11. Thanks and I'm excited to hear what you guys think.

I have one of the older model 10 predator rifles mossy oak brush chambered in 22-250, on my gun the barrel is even camo, I think on the newer ones the barrels are blued. It is a very accurate rifle but I wouldn't think that you would lose more than 200 to 300 fps from a 2 inch shorter barrel however I have a savage model 12 204 with a 20 inch barrel and the shorter barrel seems to make a significant difference in the noise level.

I would be surprised if the velocity loss was more than 50-60 fps due to the 2 inch shorter barrel. The barrel contour on a model 10 Predator is heavier than the spotter barrel on the model 11.

The 11 still has a varmint contour barrel...i assume the bottom metal on the 10 is metal and plastic on the 11...i believe they also both have the BT bolt knob.

Back