howling troubles

Red Frog I will get back to the topic at hand but to all the new and some of the old guys on here. If the only way you have to prove how good you are and how much you know is to try to discredit anyone who is not agreeing with you, you have a tough road ahead. The first statement made in dissention of vocals was, just because big Al Morris said it works doesn't make it true. I have never met Al, never talked to him, even here where he is a member, probably never will. I am however a student of coyote hunting. I know Al Morris not because of his videos or company affiliations, but because he is one of the if not the premier contest callers in the nation. He has proved over and over again that he can flat put the coyotes down. I for one would try about any suggestion he was willing to give. All the new people here would probably be well served to take the advise of people who have proved they know how to put coyotes down.

Originally Posted By: songdogBring a shovel. Oh but wait, then you'll be wanting to come shoot all the extra coyotes I suppose...oh heck, they are already thick so I suppose I could share a few with you...

Nah... I usually quit shooting them in Feb. anyway. Just be happy to help you plant more of them two coyote bushes
smile.gif
. I would bring my camera though, of that you can be sure! And a shovel too. I never go anywhere without one. If you had ridden a few miles offroad with me you'd understand why...

Originally Posted By: d0gs1ay3rAll the new people here would probably be well served to take the advise of people who have proved they know how to put coyotes down.

Old people too. Only reason I read this train wreck, is a couple guys worth listening to were talking. Hoping they'd drop a crumb I could pick up. I scan threads like this, usually just a waste of time, but occasionally when one of the old hands gets involved they'll let something slip worth thinking about. To me, TR is like EF Hutton, when he speaks, I listen.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: songdog Quote:OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! East of Michigan right?? I was implying, that any easterner can come to Elizabeth, CO and stack'em high, since someone pointed out that I live in a target rich environment with little calling pressure. SO, mark it on your map, and yes, you and any other easterner that so wishes can come in here and kill a truck load any day of the week. Like I said, two behind every bush. On the stand where I killed the triple, there was only one 1 1/2 bushes over the hill from me.
smile.gif

Doggin coyotes not here so I have to pull someone's tail once and awhile!!

Well one thing I've learned is that every coyote is different and responds differently. I don't use many sounds when I call. I hunt public land and educated coyotes from road hunting fools.

Calling a coyote is like calling an Elk. You've got to be able to read their body language and reactions. I've have yet to know it all, but I do know a little bit.

Back to my original posting. To the OP, I would suggest that when a coyote answers you and hangs up on coming in. Try to cut that distance between you. Try using another type of howl, or distress. It just might be the ticket. Please don't take my words as "law" though.....please let us know what you find what has worked for you. That was why I originally started posting on here was to help, not to derail this thread.
We've all got to learn somewhere and somehow, hope some info was helpful. Good luck....

OK, I think I get it now,

1.Go to Eastern CO,
2.find a bush, set up and start caller, howl,
3. shoot both coyotes that run out of bush.

Sounds simple enough.
smile.gif

What about yuccas, do they hide behind yuccas too or just bushes? I've been doing this all wrong... All joking aside, great thread and thanks for the info.

Originally Posted By: d0gs1ay3rRed Frog I will get back to the topic at hand but to all the new and some of the old guys on here. If the only way you have to prove how good you are and how much you know is to try to discredit anyone who is not agreeing with you, you have a tough road ahead. The first statement made in dissention of vocals was, just because big Al Morris said it works doesn't make it true. I have never met Al, never talked to him, even here where he is a member, probably never will. I am however a student of coyote hunting. I know Al Morris not because of his videos or company affiliations, but because he is one of the if not the premier contest callers in the nation. He has proved over and over again that he can flat put the coyotes down. I for one would try about any suggestion he was willing to give. All the new people here would probably be well served to take the advise of people who have proved they know how to put coyotes down.

If you can make it out to the Pm hunt/convention in Feb, not only will you meet Al Morris, early registration gets you the opportunity to hunt with him for the day.
thumbup.gif

Hunt with AL, Why would you want to do that,Why hunt coyotes with a guy that sits 10,00000000 stands a year? Im sure he could teach you very little LOL.
That is a great offer,I just wish it was not so far away from washington, One day i would love to attend this event if for no other reason just to meet some of the old timers and shoot the breeze.
Whom ever does set a stand with AL will have a great time he is a hoot to call with,
(On the down low) He is very animated!!!!(He gets kinda excited from time to time and it tends to rub off on you)Makes for a great experience And a fun day of calling.

Back