Weatherby Vanguard S2 6.5 Creedmoor???

motown

I have a chance to pick one of these up and am very intrigued! Anybody have one? Curious to hear what the accuracy is like.

Don't know about the Weatherby, but I'm loving the Creedmoor. For the prices their website shows, I'd much prefer the Ruger American or the American Predator.

Last edited:
I finally picked up my RAR in 6.5 Creedmoor. For the money, it was a better buy than the Weatherby S2 (Which I have in 7mmRM and LOVE).

My 7mmRM adheres to the sub-MOA sticker on the barrel when I bought it (using Hornady Superformance ammo).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I can pick up the vanguard s2 nib for $499. I think i might have to take a chance for that price. I know the caliber was a cabelas exclusive i believe and my buddies dad has 2 and wants to sell 1 so i think its gonna find a home in my safe.

For that price I would give it a try. I have always enjoyed and been impressed with the Weatherbys that I have had. I don't have experience with the 6.5 creedmoor but my friend loves his. He shoots long range competition.

Nick

Motown, I think you won't be disappointed. I've got a vanguard .243 and it's a good shooter. BTW, contrary to Hidalgo, I'd much rather have a S2 over a Ruger American.

Thanks again for all the responses. I just ordered a 4-16 Vortex Viper HS for it and I am going to try it in the factory stock and if I am not happy with it I have plans to put it in a B&C Medalist stock and pillar bed it but Im gonna see how it works out in the factory stock first.

I own the Vanguard S2 chambered in 257 Weatherby. I really like the gun it feels good in my hands I adjusted the trigger down since that's one of the features of this rifle. I set mine up as a long range deer and antelope rifle and it has performed great. I'm shooting a Huskemaw scope with handloaded berger hunting VLD's. My dad used it last year after we spotted a herd of elk that was in open country he put down his biggest bull ever at 430 yards. The only thing I wish weatherby would have done with this rifle is a heavier barrel, but all in all I would rate the gun a 9 out of 10.

Just a little update. I took out the creedmoor today and since i will mainly be using it for larger game i figured to try some 130gr accubonds with h4350. I found that with 42.0 grains and the accubond seated .030" off the lands this load gave me a group that was .40" and i couldnt be happier with a bare stock factory rifle. Thanks again for the input!

Back