Primos Trigger Sticks?

I have an older monopod and the newer Gen 2 bipod. The new bipod has a lock to keep the legs from moving if you desire, but I never had any problem with the older model slipping either. Both are the tall models and they are a great help for me. Sorry yours doesn't work.

Last edited:
i have been curious about the trigger sticks for a few years now and the other day i decided to get the one walmart caries. its the tall monopod. man i wish i would have got that a few years ago. i used it as a walking stick all day today and was very impressed

I have the bipod tall Primos Trigger Stick first generation and it works pretty good.

I also have the Primos 100 yard predator hunting light and two of their 12 volt batteries. The 100 yard light stays on the rifle scope where as the 250 yard one wants to fall off to the side as the connection for it onto the scope is weak and made out of cheap plastic and it won't allow the light to stay in the upright position

I tried hunting with the 100 yard light and was using an AR with a Nikon M223 scope BCD 600 4x to 16x x 42mm and didn't really have enough light to hunt with. So the light is a little weak in candle power for that scope. I should have used a scope with a larger objective lens and less magnification. I've rectified that problem now with a new brighter and lighter smaller light and a EOTECH sight system with Night Vision Capability.

When we talk about Primos Trigger Sticks we should note if we are discussion the first generation one's or the second generation one's. I bet that there is a difference in these two type of Primo's trigger sticks.

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_I also have the Primos 100 yard predator hunting light and two of their 12 volt batteries. The 100 yard light stays on the rifle scope where as the 250 yard one wants to fall off to the side as the connection for it onto the scope is weak and made out of cheap plastic and it won't allow the light to stay in the upright position.

A low scope ring mounted upside down on your scope body will hold that light just fine. The attachment point on the light body is "weaver compatible". Works great for me.

I have the first gen short bipod and love it so far! No slipping yet here either, I also have the bog pod and love that as well. I think I like the 3 legged bog pod better but I have yet to need to move the sticks to shoot so I guess the jury is still out. I can see how the trigger stick would be easier to readjust. In the cold and snow I feel the bog pod is more reliable but I guess we will see as I use the trigger stick a little more this winter.

I've had 2 of the monopods(the first one was stolen) and haven't had one slip yet. I normally sit on a pad when calling and I've had several sets where I've had a coyote come to my left or right and had to turn almost 90 degrees for a shot. I always strap the monopod to the rifle, so all I've done is lift the rifle, turn, set it down and shoot. Seems like I'm always sitting on a slope and I've always thought there would be too much adjustment time with the bi or tri. Since I'm sitting, my knees are up, so I just lean the monopod against one leg and then I don't have to hold onto the rifle until I'm ready.

I love them... I used the tall bipod set this morning up in my climbing treestand and shot a doe at 170 with them... I DON'T go hunting without them.

I've used a lot of shooting aids over the years and have settled on just two kinds. The Stoney Point BiPod for a there when you need it and not when you don't (the old black rubber ones that don't split), and the Primos Trigger Stick. Said it before, I'll say it again. NOTHING adjusts vertically quicker than the Trigger Stick. No knobs to loosen and retighten, and easily adjusts to uneven terrain. A little heavy, but rock solid for 99.9% of us.

Back