Dogs Treeing a Coon

JustinRobins

Just messing around trying to teach the dogs how to tree a coon....mind you have zero experience in this area. Still fun to practice with them.

If you can trap coons in live traps and let the dog tee on the trap, or let the coon loose were the dog can see it then let the dog loose is a good method. Don't know. What the video is my dumb tablet only loads them half the time

Thanks for the advice. The video doesn't show it, but that is what I did. I have a just coming year old redbone I am trying to train.

Last edited:
Get a different color dog lol that help, no I've seen a few good redbones a few;-) but keep at it showing them what acoon is give them a taste every now and then it will come, hunting with older dogs that know what to do helps as well

Lol! Don't see many redbones. I need to find someone with older dogs to hunt with. With this cold weather I can't trap any coons. Need some warmer weather.

Last edited:
Ya, you have any questions send me a pm, have some knowledge been around it all my life, and my dad has trained no telling how many may give you advice to help ya out.

Back