Odin Works barrels and Black Hole weaponry barrels??

I'm looking at their 16 inch stainless ultralight barrel with mid length gas. I have never heard or them. Have any of you guys used them? If so what kind of accuracy did you get with them? Any kind of feed back would be great! Thank you in advance.

I'm also looking at back hole weaponry also. They make a real light barrel as well. But I don't know of any goods or bads with them as well. Hopefully we can get some feedback about them.

I have 3 black hole barrels and they all shoot quite well, i don't have the super light barrel but i don't think it would be any different. they are all 3/4 moa guns or better. in my opinion you can't go wrong with a bhw barrel buy with confidence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 50vmaxshooterI'm also looking at back hole weaponry also. They make a real light barrel as well. But I don't know of any goods or bads with them as well. Hopefully we can get some feedback about them.

Here is a thread on PM that might give you a hint on how BHW barrels shoot. That is the only brand that Ritch uses. I have seventen of them on uppers at last count with a five more in the shipping tubes. Every one of them has been pretty consistent in sub-MOA and most are down in the 0.5 area with little load work up.
RPG GOODNESS

Greg

The BHW light weight barrel isn't really all that light. But accuracy wise it's hard to beat. My 16" 6x45 BHW barrel will shoot just about anything I feed it under an inch and that's with a 6 pound trigger. Buddy of mine bought one 18" bull barrel in 6x45 and his shoots around 1/2" or so. You won't go wrong with a BHW barrel.

BHW does make a pencil barrel if the lightweight is too heavy. I shoot a 17-223 that Ritch built me and it is not all the heavy and a pencil would really lighten things up though my preference is for truck axle bulls.

Greg

I have the Black Hole 16"pencil barrel in .223 it is a 1/2MOA gun all day long! If I do my part.And I can shoot 5.56 through it!
Seriously it is a shooter. I have a couple loads that shoot 1/2 moa and when fox season is over I'm sure I will be able to get 60gr vmax to work as well. Load development has been simple,pick a bullet,pick a powder & shoot.I was into 1/2moa at the first trip to the range.

Last edited:
I've had 3 BHW barrels now. The one on my 6X45, one on my 20 Practical Upper that I traded off to build a 20 Practicl bolt gun, which also has a BHW barrel.

Every one of them has been a shooter for me. Buy with utmost confidence.

Originally Posted By: 50vmaxshooterI'm looking at their 16 inch stainless ultralight barrel with mid length gas. I have never heard or them. Have any of you guys used them? If so what kind of accuracy did you get with them? Any kind of feed back would be great! Thank you in advance.

I just installed this exact setup on my remington R15. While I loved the stock setup and the 24" barrel was extremely accurate I found it to be too long and quite heavy. I had a [beeep] of a time getting it in and out of my safe in quick fashion when l had yotes out in my yard and time is of the essence.

Install was straight forward and the craftsmanship is top notch. I've only put about 40 rounds through it during sight in and some plinking but it seems to shoot tight and the weight savings is crazy. I also have an AP Customs carbon fiber handguard ready for install after I get it dipped to match the camo on the rifle.

For comparison, the stock Remy 24" SS barrel weighs in at 4.2lbs. The Odin is 1.9 for a weight savings of 2.3 lbs on the barrel alone. The included low profile block is also lighter. I paired it with a Seekins Bead blasted muzzle break which matches the barrel perfectly. Overall it's transformed the feel of the rifle and I couldn't be happier. Best of luck on your project!

Last edited:
I went and ordered a Voodoo ultra light, I read somewhere they posted that they're guaranteed 1moa, I'll let you know whenever I'm able to finish it

Back