Things seldom go as planned..

BAYSTATE YOTE

Went out late yesterday and set up in a penisula about four miles long 1/2 mile wide,river to north,south and bend to the west,I set up in the shadow of a farm shed facing east,there was a stand of trees and cover to the east on the north bank of the river.I have seen coyotes in out of that cover over the years. 20 feet to my left (north) was some weeds about four feet high but they ran from my shoulder to my back side..
Well I used some fawn distress,then some female lone howls,figured the dogs would come from the woods travel along the north side of the river to me and give me a shot,well almost an hour went by and I looked to my back side through the weeds
and there was three coyotes,about two hundred yards away,good thing I had the call off,they were just walking east along the north side,I could not shoot through the brush so I waited finally 20 minutes later they moved into my fire zone,the big one turned and started mousing toward me,she got close to me and I lip squeked, she turned to look toward the other dogs and I drilled her DRT (thanks Killa)70 yards. I hit the pup distress,but shut it off quick because the other two were still mousing,they heard the shot but she went down so fast in the grass they did not spook,so now I want a triple,so I wait till the two split up a bit and I hit the vole sqeaks,one moves toward my call and turns toward me,I zip her DRT. Then I go to the third but it was moving to my south east and I did not want to sling any lead on a moving dog in that direction. So I ended up with two... Not according to plan!! And I was thinking just yesterday that it had a been a while since I had had some multiples come in..Both females..

[img:center]http://[/img]

[img:center]http://[/img]

BAYSTATE YOTE--You have to appreciate the fact that even though things didn't go as planned, they turned out GREAT ANYWAY!!! Thanks for the report and the photos.

Did you "reflect an almost sociopathic tendency that enjoys gratuitous killing"? Ohh wait... My bad wrong forum!!!

Bay, you know what I am talkin bout... Inside thing... Ain't nutting' wrong with 2 outta 3...

What's on your scope? Fabric sunshade?

Nice
sneaky2.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverfoxBAYSTATE YOTE--You have to appreciate the fact that even though things didn't go as planned, they turned out GREAT ANYWAY!!! Thanks for the report and the photos.

he said it, I agree

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Did you "reflect an almost sociopathic tendency that enjoys gratuitous killing"? Ohh wait... My bad wrong forum!!!

Bay, you know what I am talkin bout... Inside thing... Ain't nutting' wrong with 2 outta 3...

What's on your scope? Fabric sunshade?

Nice
sneaky2.gif

Infy
That's a BOONDOCKS OUTDOORS scope sock, I have one on the AR and 22-250 they protect the objective and when your calling into the sun they keep you seeing down range and stops scope glint...

That's the thing I like about calling yotes, is that things don't go according to plan often enough to keep the interest up. They always keep me guessing, and that keeps me coming back for more.

BTW, two really nice looking ones there. Very pretty. Well furred and healthy.

Back